• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

People here need to get real and stop overvaluing guys like Radulov and Markov. Radulov won't earn his paycheck this season. He was the best UFA signing last summer but will be the worst this summer. And if Markov is so damn good and irreplaceable why is he in the KHL? Because nobody wanted him at his ridiculous asking price.

As for the leftover cap space, who is there to spend it on right now who would move the needle for us? Nobody. So let's see what happens during the season because I guarantee you that the $8.5 million will get spent before later to this he cap this season is over.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

This post is a perfect example of how to change a narrative on the fly to keep a failing argument alive. Nothing you have predicted so far has come true related to the cap, so you continue to throw the ball down the field praying for the Hail Mary to be caught.

Last edited:

I won't and don't intend to gloat that I was right. Cause it actually infuriates me that the ****ing Montreal Canadiens are no longer a cap team.

Who gives a shit about being a cap team if it means you aren't a cup team . Easy to drop 8 mil on 2 slugs then we can have a 1000 posts about how shit they are or the terrrible moves we made .

Keep the money in case something comes up , but there isn't anything to go after right now or we don't have the depth to make a move .

Offers that are beaten by other teams aren't "fair" -- they're weak. In business you take the best offer, not the shitty ones.

And we didn't give a Radu a shitty offer , and 79 simply out priced himself if not he would of been in the NHL this season .

It would of taken 5x 8 mill to best Dallas's offer with his after tax cheque and we weren't going there .

Who gives a shit about being a cap team if it means you aren't a cup team . Easy to drop 8 mil on 2 slugs then we can have a 1000 posts about how shit they are or the terrrible moves we made .

Keep the money in case something comes up , but there isn't anything to go after right now or we don't have the depth to make a move .

Doing nothing with the money is the worst option. And frankly, I don't think Bergy intended to do nothing with it. He just failed perusual.

Anyways, I'm glad that you're happy that Molson gets to save some money.

Doing nothing with the money is the worst option. And frankly, I don't think Bergy intended to do nothing with it. He just failed perusual.

Anyways, I'm glad that you're happy that Molson gets to save some money.
Don't want to be saddled with a bad long term deal, but nobody can convince me there was nobody out there who would improve our team that we could have spent some of the money on?

I can see leaving a few mill as a nice insurance to get a better deal at the deadline, but we have way too much right now. Heck even if we took on a 5+m salary guy while grabbing a prospect or pick that would have at least been a creative use.

Don't want to be saddled with a bad long term deal, but nobody can convince me there was nobody out there who would improve our team that we could have spent some of the money on?

I can see leaving a few mill as a nice insurance to get a better deal at the deadline, but we have way too much right now. Heck even if we took on a 5+m salary guy while grabbing a prospect or pick that would have at least been a creative use.

Exactly.

This team moved Subban for Weber to "win now" - add to that - this is Price's prime years. A team in this situation is supposed to go into a season with 2-3 million in cap space, not nearly 9 million. It's embarrassing.

Again, I am fairly confident that Berg didn't intend to be in this spot, but it's his fault that we are. He's the GM.

Last edited:

Exactly.

This team moved Subban for Weber to "win now" - add to that - that this is Price's prime years. A team in this situation is supposed to go into a season with 2-3 million in cap space, not nearly 9 million. It's embarrassing.

Again, I am fairly confident that Berg didn't intend to be in this spot, but it's his fault that we are. He's the GM.

Win now on a budget!

Your 2017 2018 Montreal Canadiens!

I was verbally attacked by a number of posters when I said that the Habs won't be a cap team this year.

Well here we are. The Montreal Canadiens are a officially a non-cap spending team. What a world.
Does your boyfriend post too?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly.

This team moved Subban for Weber to "win now" - add to that - that this is Price's prime years. A team in this situation is supposed to go into a season with 2-3 million in cap space, not nearly 9 million. It's embarrassing.

Win now mode is great when your in legit win now mode like Pittsburgh . They can take on Phil' s contract and be capped out all they want . We don't have the front line assets to compete for a title .

This team has simply been bandaiding for a decade , trying to fill key positions with Byron's or Dano types .

It has nothing to do to be a cap team and the cap has never stopped us from getting players .

Getting squat out of a genenerational draft and missing several players in other drafts killed us , not the cap.

Improve our team somewhat or moving us into contention , who was out there ?

You want Giroux's contract and a second rounder to take him off Philly' hands ? Maybe we can snag the remaining decline years of Parise and pick up a first , that will eat up our cap space to say we did something .

Better have the cap to maybe do something than be capped out and can't do anything.

"It's a nice asset to have"

It's not a nice asset to have. Every team can legally spend to the cap... and we haven't. So it's not an asset, it's a reminder of failure.

It's one thing to strategically have $2m in cap space... it's a total failure to have $8.5m.

This.

Underestimated Radulov. Underestimated Markov.

And this is not to mention any of the other targets he missed on. I remember a comment by Alzner when he signed that he was excited about some other upcoming additions MB told him about. Those obviously never materialized.

I always think back to Marcus Johansson for a 2nd and a 3rd. Not sure how Bergevin doesn't give 2 2nds for a 26 year old centre who scored 24 goals last year and had almost 60 points. Even more mind blowing? He gave up 2 2nds for Andrew Shaw! Guaranteed MB thought he had something else in the fire to pass on that.

Every time MB speaks in absolutes trending suggests he does the polar opposite.

"Subban is not being shopped - dealt"

"No way will we move Sergachev - dealt"

"There's nothing available, I'm going into the season with the full cap space available"...

Have to wonder if another Plan F manifests....Spezza.

MB flat out said that he wanted Radulov back and felt his offer was just as solid as Dallas's.

He really thought he was going to get him signed and he failed.

This is a major **** up on his part because this team looks very different with Radulov in the lineup and it also would have allowed MB to use a forward like Gallagher or Galchenyuk to acquire a top two dman.

Now there is no way he can use one of our wingers to get a desperately needed upgrade on D

Donny, would you have signed Rads to a 7-8 year deal? That's what it would have taken to beat the Dallas deal.

Improve our team somewhat or moving us into contention , who was out there ?

You want Giroux's contract and a second rounder to take him off Philly' hands ? Maybe we can snag the remaining decline years of Parise and pick up a first , that will eat up our cap space to say we did something .

Better have the cap to maybe do something than be capped out and can't do anything.

What you don't seem to understand is that this money has now become essentially useless. You don't need $9 million at the deadline and this money isn't carried over to next year. It's become a lost asset.

Giving MB a pass for this blunder is not the right thing to do.

Back