• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

For a rental....but Max isn't a rental.

I wouldn't be content with only an A level prospect and a draft pick for Max.

I would need to see a good young NHLer coming back along with those futrures

Maybe not but at the trade deadline a contending team is not going to trade a similar level of player for him.

If you're looking for scoring now and next year you just keep Max.

If you really care about the future you don't trade Max for any player over the age of 23 (with a few exceptions obviously).

If you're looking for scoring now and next year you just keep Max.

If you really care about the future you don't trade Max for any player over the age of 23 (with a few exceptions obviously).

Max has to be the chip to acquire a top center one way or another, obviously a center in the 20-26 age range.

I disagree. They can draft the C with the return. This a rebuild.

Max should be traded for as many futures and young players as possible.

If you get a 25 or 26 year old that is nearing free agency and/or is more expensive than Max you've bombed that deal. Because that player regardless of the position they play won't score as much as Max does.

If you get a 25 or 26 year old that is nearing free agency and/or is more expensive than Max you've bombed that deal. Because that player regardless of the position they play won't score as much as Max does.

This is not a rebuild...it's a re-tool on the fly....MTL doesn't rebuild....because ownership needs to constant revenue stream, and by pretending to always contend, they keep fans hoping...if we rebuild, we immediately lose lots of fans interest, and $$$

The Habs won't lose fan interest because of a 2 or 3 year rebuild.

They're watching them lose with no purpose right now.

People will watch them lose when they have a purpose as well.

We're not scoring much because our centers right now are either not centers to begin with or have limited offensive abilities.

And you make it sound like it's pretty easy to just draft that elusive top center.

Well they've been trying to draft that center for over a decade with no success.

This is a golden opportunity to use what is seemingly this teams strength which is its depth on the wings to address a glaring need.

If MB can find a way to flip Max for a top center in the 20-26 age range he has to pull the trigger....it's why I am asking Nashville for Johansen or if its Edmonton I want RNH as a starting point.

And if MB can't nail down a center it better be for a top end dman.

You can't trade a chip like Max simply for futures, you have to get somewhat of a known entity here

The Habs won't lose fan interest because of a 2 or 3 year rebuild.

They're watching them lose with no purpose right now.

People will watch them lose when they have a purpose as well.

Whoever the GM is this summer will have the mandate to improve this team to make the playoffs not rebuild.

For the remainder of this year however I agree that MB should be in sell mode and build up his prospect pool and number of draft picks.

For instance Plekanec should be traded for futures, they should also be looking to move guys like Benn or Shaw for futures also

We're not scoring much because our centers right now are either not centers to begin with or have limited offensive abilities.

And you make it sound like it's pretty easy to just draft that elusive top center.

Well they've been trying to draft that center for over a decade with no success.

This is a golden opportunity to use what is seemingly this teams strength which is its depth on the wings to address a glaring need.

If MB can find a way to flip Max for a top center in the 20-26 age range he has to pull the trigger....it's why I am asking Nashville for Johansen or if its Edmonton I want RNH as a starting point.

And if MB can't nail down a center it better be for a top end dman.

You can't trade a chip like Max simply for futures, you have to get somewhat of a known entity here

The preds want to win a cup. They are not winning a cup by giving up Johansen. Non starter, Poile didn't suddenly get dementia

The preds want to win a cup. They are not winning a cup by giving up Johansen. Non starter, Poile didn't suddenly get dementia

Than MB should walk away...this isn't a rental where a late first rounder and a prospect will do.

There's a hockey trade that needs to be made here.

Than MB should walk away...this isn't a rental where a late first rounder and a prospect will do.

There's a hockey trade that needs to be made here.

Max is getting a kessel return.

High end prospect , a lower end prospect, a first and a third.

But no team going on a cup run is giving up a key piece.

They want to add to their team, Not subtract. To get a team willing to part with a key player, especially at center, you need to find another club on the outside, like edmonton.

Last edited:

There is no way we're getting anything remotely close to a Johanssen in return. That would make no sense for the team acquiring Max. That being said, we should be able to get a some grade A prospects for him.

But I cringe when I hear him say that he wants an established scorer for Max. That makes no sense to me. Why would any team needed Max scoring in their lineup sacrifice a scorer? They would want to add a scorer, not merely swap one.

There is no way we're getting anything remotely close to a Johanssen in return. That would make no sense for the team acquiring Max. That being said, we should be able to get a some grade A prospects for him.

But I cringe when I hear him say that he wants an established scorer for Max. That makes no sense to me. Why would any team needed Max scoring in their lineup sacrifice a scorer? They would want to add a scorer, not merely swap one.

Habs fans are losing their minds.

Why does a team that is in a position to win a cup, trade away a key center that has helped put them in a position to win a cup?

Complete and total nonsense. Cup contenders will sacrifice futures in order to win now, that's all max is getting.

Max is getting a kessel return.

Prospect , a lower end prospect, a first and a third.

But no team going on a cup run is giving up a key piece.

They want to add to their team, Not subtract. To get a team willing to part with a key player, especially at center, you need to find another club on the outside, like edmonton.

I would edit the first to "top" prospect, but I agree with the rest.

And that's what I want anyway.

You don't trade Max for another 25plus year old scorer. Just keep Max if that's what you want.

Yup.

I would edit the first to "top" prospect, but I agree with the rest.

And that's what I want anyway.

You don't trade Max for another 25plus year old scorer. Just keep Max if that's what you want.
You're right, fixed.

Your first mistake is assuming that the Preds are a Cup contender. They got lucky in the playoffs last season. They were mediocre otherwise.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Your first mistake is assuming that the Preds are a Cup contender. They got lucky in the playoffs last season. They were mediocre otherwise.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

The Preds think they are cup contenders, that's why they unloaded Girard and Kamanev in order to get Turris. It doesn't matter what I think. Poile is going for it this season, and as such, he's not trading his number one young center to the habs for Max Pacioretty.

Nice try to get a shot in there though, you're so bloody transparent.

Kessel was a different story....that was a hard contract to trade away due to the number and term left.

Plus Kessel had a very limited list of teams he would go to.

Your comparable is completely off.

Not saying Poile would go for it but that should be the asking price for one the best goal scorers in the game with a year and half left on his contract.

This is MBs chip to get what he needs at center,you don't just give that up for a prospect and a draft pick...that's nuts.

What some of you are asking for is the price for a high end rental, that's what Evander Kane may fetch on the market because he's a pending UFA...Max is worth more than a high end rental.

Last edited:

DonKay - you're a good guy, but you're wrong here.

The Habs aren't gonna walk out of this with a player like Johansen.

The goal is top-end prospect that is ready to go (maybe a C?), another prospect, a first and a third.

Honestly, that's a damn good return.

Back