• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

If he can't get that he should wait until the off season when MB can make a hockey trade.

There's no way you can justify trading a player like this and just getting futures without at least having one proven asset.

You have to get something that is NHL ready with upside.
I would grab Kieffer Bellows or Jordan Kyrou in a heartbeat.

They are NHL ready.

If he can't get that he should wait until the off season when MB can make a hockey trade.

There's no way you can justify trading a player like this and just getting futures without at least having one proven asset.

It would depend on who the "futures" are. Of course you would trade him for a "futures" like Kiefer Bellows . . . but NYI would not.

I agree with that.

It would depend on who the "futures" are? Of course you would trade him for a "futures" like Kiefer Bellows . . . but NYI would not.

Depends how badly they want a cup run this season and a local boy to boot.

It would depend on who the "futures" are. Of course you would trade him for a "futures" like Kiefer Bellows . . . but NYI would not.

I dunno, they might be desperate to do a good run this year if Tavares status is still in limbo.

I dunno, they might be desperate to do a good run this year if Tavares status is still in limbo.

Exactly.

A kind of deal MB should be looking at. NYI are one point out of a playoff spot, in a bit of a slump, and have a star player in Tavares who might consider leaving.

Exactly.

A kind of deal MB should be looking at. NYI are one point out of a playoff spot, in a bit of a slump, and have a star player in Tavares who might consider leaving.

You see, if i'm Tavares, I would question why in my 9th season in this league the Islanders have yet to build a good team around me to win....now all of a sudden they are trying to convince me to stay by trading for top end talent ? What about the previous 9 seasons ?

Tavares should just leave....sure Isles can give him his extra 8th year, but with a possible lockout looming, that might all be up in the air anyways. Just take the best 7-year contract elsewhere...

You see, if i'm Tavares, I would question why in my 9th season in this league the Islanders have yet to build a good team around me to win....now all of a sudden they are trying to convince me to stay by trading for top end talent ? What about the previous 9 seasons ?

Tavares should just leave....sure Isles can give him his extra 8th year, but with a possible lockout looming, that might all be up in the air anyways. Just take the best 7-year contract elsewhere...

Ya,sure. But if you're Snow, you're thinking of your job, and if he needs to make splash and make the postseason, max pacioretty might be the way to do it. At that point, does he care about kieffer bellows?

Price didn't question it re Montreal, he just took the $$$ ;)

I simply don't see other teams parting with Key roster players while they are looking to stock up for a cup run.

I don't see teams that are on the outside looking in thinking that they need to give up their futures in order to get a Max Pacioretty now, not unless that team thinks it's going to be contending as soon as next season, and that narrows down our trade partners more than any age limit. What team thinks they are going to be making a run at the postseason as early as next season? Edmonton and who else?

I think Edm would be looking at making a hockey deal and they are likely missing the playoffs....they really need top six wingers as badly as any team.

I think there a few other scenarios like this around the league where teams that are on the outside of the playoff picture would be looking to get a guy like Max.

There seems to be a perception around here that only contending or teams that are likely locks for the playoffs would look at Max.

I’ll sayit again, this is not a rental and hockey trades can still be made in season

There is no way we're getting anything remotely close to a Johanssen in return. That would make no sense for the team acquiring Max. That being said, we should be able to get a some grade A prospects for him.

But I cringe when I hear him say that he wants an established scorer for Max. That makes no sense to me. Why would any team needed Max scoring in their lineup sacrifice a scorer? They would want to add a scorer, not merely swap one.

weber for subban is what is he hoping for?

maybe we can trade max for radulov!

I think Edm would be looking at making a hockey deal and they are likely missing the playoffs....they really need top six wingers as badly as any team.

I think there a few other scenarios like this around the league where teams that are on the outside of the playoff picture would be looking to get a guy like Max.

There seems to be a perception around here that only contending or teams that are likely locks for the playoffs would look at Max.

I’ll sayit again, this is not a rental and hockey trades can still be made in season

Max for RNH does make sense for both teams.

New owner. Might want to make a slash.

I agree, but not terrible at the same time. I would except Edmonton to add to the deal.

Agreed, RNH is at least a pure center, no question marks there like AG or Drouin

However he would fall in the same category as Koivu or Plekanec, no one would ever call him a #1 but definitely a good #2

Agreed, RNH is at least a pure center, no question marks there like AG or Drouin

However he would fall in the same category as Koivu or Plekanec, no one would ever call him a #1 but definitely a good #2

A 1st overall is not a 1 centre?

Back