• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Trading 2 picks and signing Shaw was not necessary , he wasn't going to make a difference to this team . A glorified third liner on a cup team going to a team that can't win a cup .

But tendering AA @3.9 for a player who has a much better chance as a top 6 with upside is a risk this team could take .
At 23 he brings excellent speed and creativity that Shaw could only dream off.

It's only a chance of multiple third liners since 1 of them was nothing more than a third liner .

I will risk a fair contract on a young player with upside than the safe route at the same money , in this case .

I'm not saying you're wrong, or that BKerr is right.

I personally like AA at 3.9 and a second rounder. I just don't think it moves the needle enough for me to care much though. I don't think the habs miss the playoffs without AA and I don't think they win the cup with AA.

But sal clearly doesnt understand the line of reasoning that BKerr was using and it was ticking me right off.

Future tense.

future tense.

For example, if you light matches around dry wood it will catch fire. To respond that there haven't been any fires in the past is incorrect.

In this case, the fact that is has not handicapped Bergevin in the past is completely irrelevant, because the conditions that BKerr described were not in place, in this case multiple third liners signed at 3.9 million.

Tl;dr stop being an idiot.

You're wasting your time explaining it to him.

Sal is old and smart enough to have basic comprehension skills. He's moving into troll territory.

It sucks for the Habs, but I don't feel bad for MB at all. He's a shitty GM.

Agree.

I am amazed at how may lovers he has in the media and on twitter. I honestly think the club is paying guys to write love pieces on him.

Agree.

I am amazed at how may lovers he has in the media and on twitter. I honestly think the club is paying guys to write love pieces on him.

I am also shocked at how many sycophants he has on twitter. There are some who think he is the greatest but a great many defend him to the last bullet mostly because they hate media members who criticize him. Enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing.

As with everyone, even guys like Bolduke, he is not all bad. He is both good and bad. I do not like him to any great extent but he hasn't done a completely bad job. I just don't like his bullshit.

Don't worry. Instead of signing him and leaving Shaw or Hudon exposed we decided to let him walk.

Shaw or Hudon > radulov, am I right?
No correlation IMO. It wasn't lack of cap space that kept MB from signing Radulov, it was philosophical, MB wasn't going beyond his BAFO (max 5yr term & $) - likewise Markov. We may choose to agree or disagree with MBs position, but point remains, it wasn't Shaw's contract (or lack of cap space) that prevented the Radulov signing.

Which is why I've been adamant about my position - the past is usually a view into the future. The Habs have not & will not (future tense!) lose out on a top notch talent due to a Shaw type signing, and the Habs org knows this, which is why they're relegated to the Shaw type Plan Fs. Unless CBA changes overnight eliminating NTC/NMC, top end players with clauses will not waive for Mtl (with possible exception of those of the past their prime type player variety), and unless this org gets off its ass and focuses on improving its amateur scouting proficiency to find the albeit very rare Parayko's of the world, they will not be able to swing a slam dunk deal addressing an area of need (I.e Jones for Johansen type deal) without experiencing a void in their system while swinging a meaningful deal (i.e Drouin for Sergachev).

MB should have been trying to get him signed in the 2nd half of the season

Radulov wasn't signing here anyway with Dallas in the picture. Can't blame MB for this.

Radulov wasn't signing here anyway with Dallas in the picture. Can't blame MB for this.

had he tried to sign him during the season, different story

waiting until your player hits UFA status is a recipe for disaster

had he tried to sign him during the season, different story

waiting until your player hits UFA status is a recipe for disaster

MB thought he was being clever...wait until after the expansion draft so he wouldn't need to protect Radulov

Why would Radulov sign during the season? No reason to whatsoever.

Same reasons that most players re-sign during the season.

Back