Page 826 of 914 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,520 of 18278

Thread: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2018-19 Edition

  1. #16501
    ADMINuteman Habspatrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lookin for a place to happen
    Posts
    80,443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Again, if he is trying again next season like he did this season, what difference is it from scorched earth?
    Can we stop talking about scorched Earth? We know that will never happen.

  2. #16502
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    68,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Can we stop talking about scorched Earth? We know that will never happen.
    the video game was pretty awesome when i was a kid


    ...

  3. #16503
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    the video game was pretty awesome when i was a kid


    LOVED that game.

  4. #16504
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  5. #16505
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Not sure why he cannot understand that simple point.
    Because IMO u need to be a Mtl’er to understand the sports psyche, it’s so unique - it’s not a sports town, it’s an events town like no other in North America that needs any excuse to party. Mtl is also not a hockey town, it’s a Mtl Canadiens town - and only when they’re winning games...

    RDS ratings are all that need t be looked at, they tank when he Habs start losing or are eliminated from the playoffs, unless there’s another NHL team with significant Quebec content on their team (ex: heyday of Pens with Letang, Fleury, Dupuis etc..). TVA is losing mega $ without any Habs playoff games right now..

    Habs ownership know this, and realize achieving regular success in a 31-team league has low probability, hence the focus to diversify the business portfolio to ensure constant growth.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  6. #16506
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    42,794
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Because IMO u need to be a Mtl’er to understand the sports psyche, it’s so unique - it’s not a sports town, it’s an events town like no other in North America that needs any excuse to party. Mtl is also not a hockey town, it’s a Mtl Canadiens town - and only when they’re winning games...

    RDS ratings are all that need t be looked at, they tank when he Habs start losing or are eliminated from the playoffs, unless there’s another NHL team with significant Quebec content on their team (ex: heyday of Pens with Letang, Fleury, Dupuis etc..). TVA is losing mega $ without any Habs playoff games right now..

    Habs ownership know this, and realize achieving regular success in a 31-team league has low probability, hence the focus to diversify the business portfolio to ensure constant growth.
    Getting a pro level GM would enhance the portfolio. Do you want a HS dropout managing over $100M in risky assets?
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  7. #16507
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    Getting a pro level GM would enhance the portfolio. Do you want a HS dropout managing over $100M in risky assets?
    Not many pro level French speaking GMs out there...Brisebois’ time is about to come.

    I’m not 100% sold he’ll be the solution either..


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  8. #16508
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    It's not written anywhere that the GM has to speak French.

  9. #16509
    Legend Habs53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    15,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    I am pretty sure they should have called for an off side review of that second goal....

  10. #16510
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Not sure why he cannot understand that simple point. What people do not understand is that while fans want hope, they also want entertainment. There will always be Wehave types who say a season is a failure unless you win a Cup, but those types are few and far between.

    I know when I fork out $800+ for a game for three tickets, food, parking etc, I want to be entertained. I want to know my team has a solid shot to win the game I paid to see. It doesn't always turn out the way I want but at least I want a chance to win.

    Going the scorched earth policy means I have no legitimate shot to see my team win more than say 25 games in a season. This year was absolutely brutal. I know some here stroked themselves over every loss but it was the worst season in my 50 years as a fan. We had no hope from game 8 of the season. I would prefer not having three seasons with no hope.
    I would rather pay good money to see Zadina and Hughes show me something while we lose and rebuild , than seeing Dano or Byron masquerading as top 6 players.

    How can a logical fan not see this when your team can't entertain you as constructed.

    How many more years of this BS can you sit and watch while the rest of the division has blown by us.

    It's been a decade of this patch crap , the fans are ones who are retarded for showing up.

  11. #16511
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    It's not written anywhere that the GM has to speak French.
    To me Jr’s an owner/President who needs his lackeys - he refused the invite to Tout Le Monde en Parle and ordered his lackey to go. That type of sheltering needs a Francophone GM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  12. #16512
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    It's not written anywhere that the GM has to speak French.
    The GM has more flexibility, but he/she/they still need to speak French. You have to be able to directly communicate with the French speaking public and media. It's not written anywhere, but it is what it is.

  13. #16513
    Canadiens Moderator Rolex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    It's not written anywhere that the GM has to speak French.
    Molson said it the summer after the Randy C. fiasco.....as long as he's owner, management (GM-Coach) will be French

    Also, Molson is not dumb, he knows this city's french media will turn on the English coach/GM the first game we lose in preseason.

    Habs have amazing exposure in the media, mostly because it's easy for French media to just play a video of the French coach's daily interviews. Imagine if they have to translate every daily interview...too much work, not enough time...
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

  14. #16514
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Meh, with the type of communication we got from MB last year, the guy could have been Chinese with a translator and it wouldn't have made a difference.

    The coach speaks daily with the media, there is an argument to be made there, but the GM speaks with them like 4 times a year (I hope it changes) to say the least amount possible.

  15. #16515
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    65,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    I would rather pay good money to see Zadina and Hughes show me something while we lose and rebuild , than seeing Dano or Byron masquerading as top 6 players.

    How can a logical fan not see this when your team can't entertain you as constructed.

    How many more years of this BS can you sit and watch while the rest of the division has blown by us.

    It's been a decade of this patch crap , the fans are ones who are retarded for showing up.
    You are using extreme examples in desperate attempt to prove everyone is stupid. The argument isn't Danault on top line, it is getting a legit player like Tavares.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  16. #16516
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Meh, with the type of communication we got from MB last year, the guy could have been Chinese with a translator and it wouldn't have made a difference.

    The coach speaks daily with the media, there is an argument to be made there, but the GM speaks with them like 4 times a year (I hope it changes) to say the least amount possible.
    Krusty put it best - Habs are the largest economy in Mtl/Quebec.

    Far too many companies/entities are reliant on their existence and more-so their suckage in order to generate employment & profit$


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  17. #16517
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    68,844
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Molson said it the summer after the Randy C. fiasco.....as long as he's owner, management (GM-Coach) will be French

    Also, Molson is not dumb, he knows this city's french media will turn on the English coach/GM the first game we lose in preseason.

    Habs have amazing exposure in the media, mostly because it's easy for French media to just play a video of the French coach's daily interviews. Imagine if they have to translate every daily interview...too much work, not enough time...
    The French media cant speak english?
    ...

  18. #16518
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    The French media cant speak english?
    Not all of them, it's quite pathetic really.

  19. #16519
    LeAdminie legoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Penticton BC
    Posts
    120,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Not all of them, it's quite pathetic really.
    many choose not to

  20. #16520
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    54,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    The French media cant speak english?
    It’s the old guards need to stay relevant & employed in the business which is the issue IMO - Reggie Tremblay’s, Berty Raymond’s, combined with the need to fuel RDS & TVA content - L’Antichambre etc..

    Wouldn’t shock me if there’s a wink-wink / nudge-nudge agreement between the Habs org and these TV entities - they need material to feed their 24/7 TV content, the more salacious the better, in exchange for big time TV deals.

    The younger breed of reporters Mathias Brunet, Godin, Cantin, Chaumont etc. are fluently bilingual, they may write negative things about the org but language isn’t an operational issue for them.

    Also need to keep in mind the old guard came of age during the politically turbulent 70’s and 80’s - different mindset
    Last edited by Sal_Butera; 04-17-2018 at 11:26 AM.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Page 826 of 914 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •