• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: What Changes would you Make to Improve the Habs

Guys with concussion histories are scary but it would still cost a pretty penny: at least Gallagher plus a good prospect.

Carolina is in a rebuild they have no reason to gift us Jeff Skinner. But it be nice if they do.

A bunch of GM's have either been fired or have moved around so I would expect lots of deals this off season.. maybe some big ones.

I am hoping that Chiarelli in Edmonton would make a sweet deal with us so that he could also say a big F.U. to Boston for firing him.

If I'm Chia, I make the Preds my first phone call. That team is stacked with blueline talent.

Sharp is looking real sharp in Chicago for these playoffs... at least the little I have seen of their games. I'm sure he would have scored a few for us by now in these playoffs.

One of Bobby Clarke's worst trades: Sharp for Zhamnov. Yikes.

How is Scherback doing anyhow? Is he a scorer and do we in fact have any scorers coming up the chain because I don't recall anything worth looking forward too other than DLR who maybe a decent defensive forward but apparently worse than Gilbert when it comes to goal scoring.

How is Scherback doing anyhow? Is he a scorer and do we in fact have any scorers coming up the chain because I don't recall anything worth looking forward too other than DLR who maybe a decent defensive forward but apparently worse than Gilbert when it comes to goal scoring.

Hudon has been scoring in the AHL but I'm not sure how it will translate to the NHL.

Reway is probably our best pure offensive talent but he's on the small side and has a reputation of shying away from the physical stuff. Still the potential there is intriguing.

That's about it.

One of Bobby Clarke's worst trades: Sharp for Zhamnov. Yikes.
Sharp was traded by Philly for legendary C Matt Ellison.

Zhamnov was traded to Philly for a package that included a draft pick which turned out to be Bickell.

Not sure where that version is coming from but it's not accurate. Galchenyuk never asked to be moved to the wing. Therrien approached him saying that he was thinking about moving him back to the wing but that he wanted to know how Galchenyuk was feeling about it and he said that he actually felt more comfortable on the wing and would welcome the change.

Get it right people.

Pretty sure there was a small Eric Engels article that said Galchenyuk never asked to play the wing.

If Alex ever said he felt more comfortable playing the wing to Therrien it was most likely because in 3 seasons, Galchenyuk has probably taken about 20-30faceoffs his entire NHL career, and will likely need another 3 years just to hit 45-50% on the draw. That is one hell of a development curve if you ask me for our highest pick in decades and our most promising prospect since Price. Our handling of Galchenyuk is about as bad as it could be. He should have been our #1 center by now.

wao it's bayrider.

How goes?

Pretty sure there was a small Eric Engels article that said Galchenyuk never asked to play the wing.

If Alex ever said he felt more comfortable playing the wing to Therrien it was most likely because in 3 seasons, Galchenyuk has probably taken about 20-30faceoffs his entire NHL career, and will likely need another 3 years just to hit 45-50% on the draw. That is one hell of a development curve if you ask me for our highest pick in decades and our most promising prospect since Price. Our handling of Galchenyuk is about as bad as it could be. He should have been our #1 center by now.

Indeed it has. I really thought this organization learned something after they ****ed up Guillaume Latendresse & subsequently kept Subban in the AHL for his first pro season, but alas...

Back