• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

They did, but considering the issues they had signing Turris, Duchene fits within the Karlsson window.

Each team did fine here.

What was the issue with Turris?

Turris didn't want to re-sign?

It's all based on speculation - but most of the media here in Toronto feel that the Sens were never gonna be able to extend Turris at the price he wanted. So they moved in this direction to make sure they had a good center for the remaining Karlsson contract.

For those saying the Habs need to trade Price before his NMC kicks in... it already has.

priceNMC.jpg

It's all based on speculation - but most of the media here in Toronto feel that the Sens were never gonna be able to extend Turris at the price he wanted. So they moved in this direction to make sure they had a good center for the remaining Karlsson contract.

I'm still not sure why they wouldn't do the same contract Turris signed in Nashville. 6x6 is reasonable. Ottawa is saying that this offer was never on the table from the Turris clan and Turris is saying Ottawa never proposed it. Sounds like a failure to negotiate to me.

I save those assets and try to get Turris re-signed.

Turris is not that much worse than Duchene if at all

Vegas could have traded Shipachyov to Anaheim for a fifth rounder, but would not have recouped any of his signing bonus. Prefer to have him pay back most of the $2 million and retire and go back to the KHL.

Per Freidmann's 31 thoughts.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

I'm still not sure why they wouldn't do the same contract Turris signed in Nashville. 6x6 is reasonable. Ottawa is saying that this offer was never on the table from the Turris clan and Turris is saying Ottawa never proposed it. Sounds like a failure to negotiate to me.
The said on HNIC Sat, Turris wanted 8-yrs from Sens @ min $7M per, Ottawa owner was not willing to go more than 6 years. Also $6M Nashville translates to $7M+ in Ottawa or 8-year term.

The said on HNIC Sat, Turris wanted 8-yrs from Sens @ min $7M per, Ottawa owner was not willing to go more than 6 years. Also $6M Nashville translates to $7M+ in Ottawa or 8-year term.

Simply put Turris wanted out of Ottawa

Yeah I heard that, while I understand the $ difference, I don't quite understand the term difference. I would think $7Mx6 is something the Sens would have considered.

Like I said it's actually good if true. Shows that guys care about winning on this team. I have no problem with Price's teammates calling him out. He's not divinity.

Back