• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

MB might be able to get those 2 2nd picks back for Shaw. He's still totally tradeable.

Absolutely tradeable but it will be more about getting back another roster player making similar money.

I don't see us shedding the contract for picks when he is Nero's guy.

You see, if i'm Tavares, I would question why in my 9th season in this league the Islanders have yet to build a good team around me to win....now all of a sudden they are trying to convince me to stay by trading for top end talent ? What about the previous 9 seasons ?

Tavares should just leave....sure Isles can give him his extra 8th year, but with a possible lockout looming, that might all be up in the air anyways. Just take the best 7-year contract elsewhere...

Price resigned here (and look who we surrounded him with). So, I'm not sure it matters as much to hockey players as it does to like diva basketball players per se.

his 4 million per year for four more years might make that a little difficult

You think that's bad....Ottawa is trying to unload Zach Smith at 3.25/year for four more years at age 29.

He has 3 goals on the season....the topper is that he has a limited NMC

Price resigned here (and look who we surrounded him with). So, I'm not sure it matters as much to hockey players as it does to like diva basketball players per se.

I doubt many GMs would have given Price 10.5M for 7-8 years...and those that would probably have shitty teams with lots of cap space...not sure Price would have gone to those teams.

Besides, when Price signed, we were not supposed to suck this much....and Habs have been top team in the division for a few years....Islanders have never been that good. Price had much more reasons in signing with Habs, than Tavares would have with Islanders.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Islanders suck because of their mediocre goaltending...I’m willing to bet Snow would’ve given Price that amount given the option.

It’s easy to say u don’t need to spend on a goalie until u have mediocre goaltending - Allen is crap again on cue for STL. Look at the all solid teams who just can’t win...it’s likely because their goaltending performance is very unpredictable.

Yes teams have won the Cup without a superstar goalie, and maybe don’t need to pay a goalie $10.5M cap hit, but it’s high stakes poker expecting an ok goalie to all of a sudden get hot for a playoff run..

Last edited:

Price would have gotten 7-8 years around 10 million per from any team that wanted his services.

Price would have gotten 7-8 years around 10 million per from any team that wanted his services.

That's a given. When price signed his deal, some journalist went around the league and asked other GM what they thought of the deal. Most GM said they would not pay 10 millions for a goaltender except for a singe one: Price. So it's not like Bergevin would be the only one to give him that contract.

Islanders suck because of their mediocre goaltending...I’m willing to bet Snow would’ve given Price that amount given the option.

It’s easy to say u don’t need to spend on a goalie until u have mediocre goaltending - Allen is crap again on cue for STL. Look at the all solid teams who just can’t win...it’s likely because their goaltending performance is very unpredictable.

Yes teams have won the Cup without a superstar goalie, and maybe don’t need to pay a goalie $10.5M cap hit, but it’s high stakes poker expecting an ok goalie to all of a sudden get hot for a playoff run..

Price for Tavares?

That's a given. When price signed his deal, some journalist went around the league and asked other GM what they thought of the deal. Most GM said they would not pay 10 millions for a goaltender except for a singe one: Price. So it's not like Bergevin would be the only one to give him that contract.

And the big risk was that it would be the TMLs.

Max and Plex for Kempe, Vilardi and their 2018 1st and I'd be okay with.

I'm not particularly high on Vilardi or Kempe for that matter... but I think that would be a reasonable deal.

I'm not particularly high on Vilardi or Kempe for that matter... but I think that would be a reasonable deal.

Is Kempe a center or winger, I could have sworn I’ve watched Kings games with him playing center

Last edited:

Well this is the kind of trade MB should be looking at.

An NHL ready center 21 years old with some upside and an elite prospect

Isles suck cause a moron like ours runs the ship

good luck with that trade

I doubt many GMs would have given Price 10.5M for 7-8 years...and those that would probably have shitty teams with lots of cap space...not sure Price would have gone to those teams.

Besides, when Price signed, we were not supposed to suck this much....and Habs have been top team in the division for a few years....Islanders have never been that good. Price had much more reasons in signing with Habs, than Tavares would have with Islanders.

Problem is we didnt negotiate at all , it was a blank cheque and Carey please fill in the numbers . I still dont see anyone going to 10 mil at 31 with his injury history.

Problem is we didnt negotiate at all , it was a blank cheque and Carey please fill in the numbers . I still dont see anyone going to 10 mil at 31 with his injury history.

All it takes is one idiot out out of 30

Back