• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Again, if he is trying again next season like he did this season, what difference is it from scorched earth?

Can we stop talking about scorched Earth? We know that will never happen.

Can we stop talking about scorched Earth? We know that will never happen.

the video game was pretty awesome when i was a kid

[video=youtube;nDw_mpjKlpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDw_mpjKlpg[/video]

[video=youtube_share;J0TWOWjpEnI]https://youtu.be/J0TWOWjpEnI[/video]

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Not sure why he cannot understand that simple point.
Because IMO u need to be a Mtl’er to understand the sports psyche, it’s so unique - it’s not a sports town, it’s an events town like no other in North America that needs any excuse to party. Mtl is also not a hockey town, it’s a Mtl Canadiens town - and only when they’re winning games...

RDS ratings are all that need t be looked at, they tank when he Habs start losing or are eliminated from the playoffs, unless there’s another NHL team with significant Quebec content on their team (ex: heyday of Pens with Letang, Fleury, Dupuis etc..). TVA is losing mega $ without any Habs playoff games right now..

Habs ownership know this, and realize achieving regular success in a 31-team league has low probability, hence the focus to diversify the business portfolio to ensure constant growth.

Because IMO u need to be a Mtl’er to understand the sports psyche, it’s so unique - it’s not a sports town, it’s an events town like no other in North America that needs any excuse to party. Mtl is also not a hockey town, it’s a Mtl Canadiens town - and only when they’re winning games...

RDS ratings are all that need t be looked at, they tank when he Habs start losing or are eliminated from the playoffs, unless there’s another NHL team with significant Quebec content on their team (ex: heyday of Pens with Letang, Fleury, Dupuis etc..). TVA is losing mega $ without any Habs playoff games right now..

Habs ownership know this, and realize achieving regular success in a 31-team league has low probability, hence the focus to diversify the business portfolio to ensure constant growth.

Getting a pro level GM would enhance the portfolio. Do you want a HS dropout managing over $100M in risky assets?

Getting a pro level GM would enhance the portfolio. Do you want a HS dropout managing over $100M in risky assets?
Not many pro level French speaking GMs out there...Brisebois’ time is about to come.

I’m not 100% sold he’ll be the solution either..

Not sure why he cannot understand that simple point. What people do not understand is that while fans want hope, they also want entertainment. There will always be Wehave types who say a season is a failure unless you win a Cup, but those types are few and far between.

I know when I fork out $800+ for a game for three tickets, food, parking etc, I want to be entertained. I want to know my team has a solid shot to win the game I paid to see. It doesn't always turn out the way I want but at least I want a chance to win.

Going the scorched earth policy means I have no legitimate shot to see my team win more than say 25 games in a season. This year was absolutely brutal. I know some here stroked themselves over every loss but it was the worst season in my 50 years as a fan. We had no hope from game 8 of the season. I would prefer not having three seasons with no hope.

I would rather pay good money to see Zadina and Hughes show me something while we lose and rebuild , than seeing Dano or Byron masquerading as top 6 players.

How can a logical fan not see this when your team can't entertain you as constructed.

How many more years of this BS can you sit and watch while the rest of the division has blown by us.

It's been a decade of this patch crap , the fans are ones who are retarded for showing up.

It's not written anywhere that the GM has to speak French.
To me Jr’s an owner/President who needs his lackeys - he refused the invite to Tout Le Monde en Parle and ordered his lackey to go. That type of sheltering needs a Francophone GM.

The GM has more flexibility, but he/she/they still need to speak French. You have to be able to directly communicate with the French speaking public and media. It's not written anywhere, but it is what it is.

Molson said it the summer after the Randy C. fiasco.....as long as he's owner, management (GM-Coach) will be French

Also, Molson is not dumb, he knows this city's french media will turn on the English coach/GM the first game we lose in preseason.

Habs have amazing exposure in the media, mostly because it's easy for French media to just play a video of the French coach's daily interviews. Imagine if they have to translate every daily interview...too much work, not enough time...

Meh, with the type of communication we got from MB last year, the guy could have been Chinese with a translator and it wouldn't have made a difference.

The coach speaks daily with the media, there is an argument to be made there, but the GM speaks with them like 4 times a year (I hope it changes) to say the least amount possible.

I would rather pay good money to see Zadina and Hughes show me something while we lose and rebuild , than seeing Dano or Byron masquerading as top 6 players.

How can a logical fan not see this when your team can't entertain you as constructed.

How many more years of this BS can you sit and watch while the rest of the division has blown by us.

It's been a decade of this patch crap , the fans are ones who are retarded for showing up.
You are using extreme examples in desperate attempt to prove everyone is stupid. The argument isn't Danault on top line, it is getting a legit player like Tavares.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Meh, with the type of communication we got from MB last year, the guy could have been Chinese with a translator and it wouldn't have made a difference.

The coach speaks daily with the media, there is an argument to be made there, but the GM speaks with them like 4 times a year (I hope it changes) to say the least amount possible.
Krusty put it best - Habs are the largest economy in Mtl/Quebec.

Far too many companies/entities are reliant on their existence and more-so their suckage in order to generate employment & profit$

Molson said it the summer after the Randy C. fiasco.....as long as he's owner, management (GM-Coach) will be French

Also, Molson is not dumb, he knows this city's french media will turn on the English coach/GM the first game we lose in preseason.

Habs have amazing exposure in the media, mostly because it's easy for French media to just play a video of the French coach's daily interviews. Imagine if they have to translate every daily interview...too much work, not enough time...

The French media cant speak english?

Back