• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Taxes are pretty much non-existent over there, but maybe he can’t bling with the sanctions. Of course, he could always jet down to a yacht in the Aegean.

Good point, the tear down and rebuild conversation should end because it’s clear as day that it aint happening according to the owner and GM.

More valid to discuss who MB is going to potentially go after and fail to get them and then tell us his job is hard

I edited your post,,,

I don't know if I agree with this. The rebuild is happening organically.

That's not what I was referring to.

He says we need to stop talking about JT because it's not happening. All the while going on and on about the plan to fire everyone and trade everyone and do a proper rebuild. We know that ain't happening.

Sure we may suck for a couple years yet... but we are not doing a full and proper tear down and rebuild.

That's not what I was referring to.

He says we need to stop talking about JT because it's not happening. All the while going on and on about the plan to fire everyone and trade everyone and do a proper rebuild. We know that ain't happening.

Sure we may suck for a couple years yet... but we are not doing a full and proper tear down and rebuild.

This team will be stuck in reverse until MB is gone.

Signing a player at an advanced hockey age (yes, 28 is "advanced" in hockey) is very risky. You rarely if ever see a team win a cup through Free Agency.

Signing a player at an advanced hockey age (yes, 28 is "advanced" in hockey) is very risky. You rarely if ever see a team win a cup through Free Agency.

Signing Tavares at 28 is not very risky. Not more risky than any other UFA signings, probably quite less in fact.

I'm trying to think of a better/safer UFA I've ever seen come available. I can't think of any that really compare.

That said, I still think he'll re-sign with the Isles.

I'm trying to think of a better/safer UFA I've ever seen come available. I can't think of any that really compare.

Stamkos..... almost. The 25 year old elite free agent. In a perfect world you don't want to pay for regression years.

Last edited:

If he does, it will be like Stunkos who chickened out in the end. He didn't have the stones to go UFA but wanted the team to think he was tough and waited until what June 30.

If Tavares does not sign by June 1, I suspect he goes UFA. He has shown in the past he has stones and sued to get into the OHL earlier. He isn't afraid of conflict until the guy in Tampa.

I don't expect us to sign him, but I would be surprised if he goes back to the Islanders.

It's risky. He likely begins his regression around 30/31 like everyone else.

Even with some expected regression, he will still be a 1C.

Most true 1C maintains a very high level of play even in their 30s.

Hell Giroux and Kopitar just had career years.

Back