• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Donny, would you have signed Rads to a 7-8 year deal? That's what it would have taken to beat the Dallas deal.

I wouldn't have signed him to that kind of deal.

But my feeling is that MB should have been trying to get this guy locked up in the 2nd half of the season.

MB perhaps took for granted the love affair Radulov had with Montreal and thought to himself that he was going to be able to avoid having to protect him if he signed him after the expansion draft.

Radulov got a taste of other offers and it was over for us.

What you don't seem to understand is that this money has now become essentially useless. You don't need $9 million at the deadline and this money isn't carried over to next year. It's become a lost asset.

Giving MB a pass for this blunder is not the right thing to do.

It's no use.

The narrative has changed.

Before it was that there was no way the habs go into the season with 8.5 million in cap space, now it's that the cap space is better off being saved than wasted.

It's the same shit leaf fans have told themselves through the decades to get through their long stretches of mediocrity.

Some sort of human self defense mechanism to defend themselves from the fact that this team is the same shit team that lost to the rangers in 6 games while healthy with home ice.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

But my feeling is that MB should have been trying to get this guy locked up in the 2nd half of the season.
Per the Bobby Mac interview with MB, negotiations w Radulov started at the All Star game in Jan. Radulov/agent refused to back down from anything but an 8-yr deal till mid-June when they budged to 7-years, the 5-year BAFO deal was tabled by MB, the same deal which he signed with Dallas.

Per the Bobby Mac interview with MB, negotiations w Radulov started at the All Star game in Jan. Radulov/agent refused to back down from anything but an 8-yr deal till mid-June when they budged to 7-years, the 5-year BAFO deal was tabled by MB, the same deal which he signed with Dallas.

So MB is telling the truth here? You just posted how he always lies.

So sounds like Duchene is still in a tough spot and hard to imagine that they won't deal him before the season. We have the cap space to take him on, would be really nice if we could somehow find a way to get him without giving up important roster pieces.

So sounds like Duchene is still in a tough spot and hard to imagine that they won't deal him before the season. We have the cap space to take him on, would be really nice if we could somehow find a way to get him without giving up important roster pieces.

Apparently there are a number of interested teams. The Habs likely don't have the pieces unless they go Juulsen, Scherbek and a 1st. Frankly, I don't want to pay that much for him.

How is that even remotely homophobia. That's a more sexist remark than anything.

The way it came off was that you were making fun of me for having a boyfriend, and it was a bad thing that I do.

Could be a lost in translation thing.

Last edited:

Apparently there are a number of interested teams. The Habs likely don't have the pieces unless they go Juulsen, Scherbek and a 1st. Frankly, I don't want to pay that much for him.

I don't even think you can get a 2nd rounder for Sherbak at this point.

And Julsen is an interesting prospect but nowhere near what Sakic wants I terms of potential top three dman

Last edited:

That's the problem. I like Duchene... don't love his contract but would be okay with it if you don't have to give much to get him... but by all accounts it would cost a lot. No thank you.

The way the came off was that you were making fun of me for having a boyfriend, and it was a bad thing that I do.

Could be a lost in translation thing.

Maybe you should have had your boyfriend explain it to you.

:smilewinkgrin:

That's the problem. I like Duchene... don't love his contract but would be okay with it if you don't have to give much to get him... but by all accounts it would cost a lot. No thank you.

Duchene would be a good fit if he didn't cost a core piece and could be extended for a year or two.

In other words we probably shouldn't trade for him.

Legit question: Why not Max for Duchene?

AV's have centres, Habs have wingers. Av's gain $2M, Habs gain 2yrs in age.

Galchenyuk-Duchene-Drouin
Lehkonen-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Pleks-Hemsky
McCarron-Mitchell-Shaw

X-Hudon?

Legit question: Why not Max for Duchene?

AV's have centres, Habs have wingers. Av's gain $2M, Habs gain 2yrs in age.

Because Max is better than Duchene? With a better two way game and no behavioral issues?

If the Habs could get Duchene for Sherbak and Juulsen they'd be insane not to take it. But Colorado isn't that dumb.

Because Max is better than Duchene? With a better two way game and no behavioral issues?

What behavioral issues? It's my understanding that Sakic let it get out he was shopping him and it became a gong show. He never demanded a trade or quit on his team.

Back