• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

In a world with no salary cap, he sure would be.

In the real world, this team would be in the cellar for a decade with Tavares-Toews-Price-Weber combining for $40M in capspace.

Meh... I'd take that chance. Obviously if Price sucks then we'd be screwed... but if he was good-great I'd run with it.

Next season.

Drouin (5.5) - Tavares (10) - Gallagher (3.75)
Pacioretty (4.5) - Toews (10.5) - Galchenyuk (4.9)
Byron (1.17) - Danault (1.5?) - (Scherbak (.86)
Lehkonen (.84) - JDLR (.95?) Deslauriers (.95)

Carr (1?)

$46.42M

Mete (.75) - Weber (7.86)
Alzner (4.63) - Petry (5.5)
Reilly (.73) - Juulsen (.86)

Schlemko (2.1)
Benn (1.1)

$23.53M

Price (10.5)
Lindgren (.8)

I guess we'd be counting on the cap to continue rising.

Last edited:

Meh... I'd take that chance. Obviously if Price sucks then we'd be screwed... but if he was good-great I'd run with it.

Next season.

Carr (1?)

$46.42M

Schlemko (2.1)
Benn (1.1)

$23.53M

That's around $70m with an expected cap of around $80m.

We will likely have whoever we draft #3 in the lineup as well. And with $10 cap space I'd like to see us add a good dman.

Your 70m there isn't counting Price, so we'd be capped out. And the point of them dealing Toews would be to replace him with Tavares, so we're not getting both of them in our lineup.

Nashville trade Ryan Johansson to the Habs for Weber and a player to be determined. Then trade Subban to Edmonton from Draisaitl. Edmonton is more desperate now, after the poor last season.

Your 70m there isn't counting Price, so we'd be capped out. And the point of them dealing Toews would be to replace him with Tavares, so we're not getting both of them in our lineup.

Haha... Totally forgot goalies. Well shit.

As for the second point... I am not arguing that we can get Toews and Tavares... just that I would be okay with trading Shaw for Toews and signing Tavares.

Now rumours are flying that Subban will be traded. Maybe Weber straight up?

Without a TC he could easily fetch a good return . Something will have to give in Nashville . They need another legit difference maker on the top 6 .

Ellis is up after this year and Josi a year later .

We'll see.... I predicted Preds would trade him within 4 yrs. He's a welcome mat burner.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He's their oldest d-man (by a year, granted), he has the worst contract of the 4, Poile went full retard by trading & signing Turris.

That said, Nashville is in no rush whatsoever. All of their players worth mentioning are signed long-term and all (minus Turris) at reasonable deals. The only exception is Ryan Ellis, who is a pending UFA a year from now.

Last edited:
Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Eklund’s famous “more later” that never comes.

If Bergevin gives up the farm for Toews I’m done with the Habs until both he and Geoff are gone.

Next season.

Carr (1?)

$46.42M

Schlemko (2.1)
Benn (1.1)

$23.53M

Price (10.5)
Lindgren (.8)

I guess we'd be counting on the cap to continue rising.

JT for 10 mil?

I would trade Shaw for Toews. That contract is too ugly to give up assets for. He's still a really good player. Just not worth $10.5m. Would be a great #2 centre behind Tavares.
Price & Shaw for Toews and Crawford

So the Armada have been eliminated, the Joel Bouchard announcement should come soon?

What’s the name of that elite center in the St Louis pipeline? Hopefully that’s who Bergevin is after. My fear is that it’s Seguin though.

What’s the name of that elite center in the St Louis pipeline? Hopefully that’s who Bergevin is after. My fear is that it’s Seguin though.

Robert Thomas? He's off to the Memorial cup with the Hamilton Bulldogs...yeah you get to see our old AHL logo in the big junior dance. Thomas was voted the most valuable player in the OHL playoffs. His stock might be too high now.

You mean the STL centre that geeman overrates? Robert Thomas... he looks solid, but I doubt he's a #1 centre. Probably a second liner. Jordan Kyrou looks good too. I'd say he's about the same.

Back