• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Or he might not be. Like most prospects not named McDavid . . . or Crosby . . . we'll have to wait a few years to find out. He's a prospect.

Yes, well done, that's usually what the word "might" means.

Remember how everybody here hated the idea of trading Max for Bjugstad. Well on TSN 690 they said that MB apparently tried to make that deal and Florida flat out said no.

That's how tough this market for Pacioretty is going to be.

I call bullshit

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Bobby Mac on Canes:

“There’s one guy on the team that they’re not prepared to trade – Sebastian Aho,” indicated McKenzie. “Everybody else – everybody else – is available. Skinner, you name it… Skinner is getting moved, I would think…

“… Everybody except for Aho (is available). I think Faulk is very much in play, I think Skinner is very much in play.”

https://frshockey.com/nhl/hurricanes/mckenzie-hurricanes-open-to-dealing-everybody-but-aho/

Last edited by a moderator:

So Vegas traded a 1st-2nd-3rd rounder for Tatar....but Max can't get anything ?

Max outscored Tatar every year....

So Vegas traded a 1st-2nd-3rd rounder for Tatar....but Max can't get anything ?

Max outscored Tatar every year....

Tatar is locked up for 3 years and 2 years younger .

Max is better sure ...... but younger and signed is a huge difference than 1 year removed from UFA at 31

What is Max worth with 3 years to go at 4.5 ?

A 35 goals scorer for one year at $4.5 should have pretty decent value. Once again, Lucic is a good comparable.

A 35 goals scorer for one year at $4.5 should have pretty decent value. Once again, Lucic is a good comparable.

At best we get that , Lucic as shit as he is had the name value recognition .

I still say " No playoff Max " affects our value.

come on, everyone with a functioning glial cell knows Max is better than Quasimodo

I'm afraid that name recognition was giving Lucic an edge, as crazy as it might be. Max has been one of the very best goal scorer in the league for many years now. Teams are trying to rip us off.

come on, everyone with a functioning glial cell knows Max is better than Quasimodo

He is 3x better but who cares if teams see him as a playoff flop or other " soft " issues .

Your worth what teams are willing to pay . That 1 year prior to UFA is the dagger for a better return.

Plus the optics have changed big time . Teams are going younger and players are producing much sooner .

The appetite to acquire 30+ year olds as UFA`s has waned .

I'm afraid that name recognition was giving Lucic an edge, as crazy as it might be. Max has been one of the very best goal scorer in the league for many years now. Teams are trying to rip us off.

Sure it gave ML an edge . For years there was no one like him in the game .

Players like him should be given 2-3 year deals not big term .

Darren Dreger states this morning that he's talked to some of Tavares' entourage, and the message he got was that Tavares doesn't see MTL as a good fit for him.

I can't see why Tavares would pick MTL over Vegas for example....

Darren Dreger states this morning that he's talked to some of Tavares' entourage, and the message he got was that Tavares doesn't see MTL as a good fit for him.

I can't see why Tavares would pick MTL over Vegas for example....

JTcannot say that they would be a good fit either. So this means nothing...

Back