• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

Debates like these are why Donald Trump is a thing. Really guys "motivation" and "clutch?"

You're good or you're not. Plain and simple.

Not sure I see that correlation... but I agree with the second part.

These narratives have been around for a long time and I think it will be a couple generations yet before they go away for the most part.

Not sure I see that correlation... but I agree with the second part.

These narratives have been around for a long time and I think it will be a couple generations yet before they go away for the most part.

You either get it done in the playoffs or you dont

bottom line , he has to go after this season
Yep, and I really don't think there's much chance that he will be back unless if he rebounds big and actually steps up in the postseason.

I'd give him away to free us of the cap hit, but we already seem to have extra cap space as it is now, so at this point I guess we just hope for the best.

Yep, and I really don't think there's much chance that he will be back unless if he rebounds big and actually steps up in the postseason.

I'd give him away to free us of the cap hit, but we already seem to have extra cap space as it is now, so at this point I guess we just hope for the best.

At best we get some assets at the deadline when most of his salary has been paid .

Plenty of people are good, some are good and lazy, some are good and motivated and hard working. Teams hire psychologists to follow the players. Coaches are always looking at new angle on how to motivate players and light a fire under their ass.

Motivation is as real as clutch. :)

And some players have strong seasons in one contract year, and a poor season at the end of the next contract.

Motivation may be real, but thats ignoring the fact that there is motivation in every year of a players career and not just in contract years.

There is no correlation between having a career year, or even having a better than average year and it being a contract year.

Nobody remembers those players who wet the bed during their contract year.

"Clutch" and "Motivation" are the type of words older people use. People that have decided that the world they know or grew up in will never change. People that refuse to learn more and accept new theories and facts.

#trumpsupporters

People, like JimBob here, who decide to paint everyone with a large brush because they're unable to believe there was any rational reason to vote for Trump are the first to cry out identity politics and call others bigots/racists without understanding the irony.

#typicalliberalloser

Last edited:

Anyhow... hockey.

Calling it now. I think that Markov may go to the KHL.

-Getting dicked around (In his eyes) in contract negotiations.
-Currently/recently in Russia
-Likely more money than he would get in NHL
-Russian Olympic team
-Putin apparetnly influenced Kovalchuk. Would he do the same with Markov?

Anyhow... hockey.

Calling it now. I think that Markov may go to the KHL.

-Getting dicked around (In his eyes) in contract negotiations.
-Currently/recently in Russia
-Likely more money than he would get in NHL
-Russian Olympic team
-Putin apparetnly influenced Kovalchuk. Would he do the same with Markov?

:seeya: hope you get paid on time

:seeya: hope you get paid on time

Meh... he would likely sign with a bigger club, and even if they end up with $ issues he become a FA can try back in the NHL in hopes that an NHL club has had an injury on D and his services are more in demand.

Star players in the KHL always get paid. It's the fringe players, especially the foreigners, that always have to worry about getting their money.

Meh... he would likely sign with a bigger club, and even if they end up with $ issues he become a FA can try back in the NHL in hopes that an NHL club has had an injury on D and his services are more in demand.

Hell of a Hab career , but time to move on .

"Clutch" and "Motivation" are the type of words older people use. People that have decided that the world they know or grew up in will never change. People that refuse to learn more and accept new theories and facts.

#trumpsupporters
Just because younger generations don't value these things doesn't mean they don't exist.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Annnnnnnnnywayysssssssss - any Habs rumours these days? Too quiet around these parts.

One rumour was that Julien talked to Lehkonen about trying his hand at centre when training camp starts, Lehkonen was OK with it. Chris Lee, a guy who never could crack the NHL and is 36 years old , now playing in the KHL was rumoured as a possible partner for Weber this season.

Back