Page 791 of 852 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801841 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,820 of 17028

Thread: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

  1. #15801
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Someone has to be sent down if and when Danault returns. de la Rose and Carr have to go through waivers, so I wonder if one of them will be traded. Or maybe risk Froese on waivers?

  2. #15802
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Someone has to be sent down if and when Danault returns. de la Rose and Carr have to go through waivers, so I wonder if one of them will be traded. Or maybe risk Froese on waivers?
    I suspect we don't have to worry about anyone picking up De La Rose
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  3. #15803
    1st Liner Purple Haze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cascadia
    Posts
    1,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    I suspect we don't have to worry about anyone picking up De La Rose
    MB would be heartbroken would a team claim DLR.

  4. #15804
    LeAdminie legoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Penticton BC
    Posts
    120,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    as long as he comes back after the trade line all can stay

  5. #15805
    Legend lecoqsportif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    43,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    “Risk” Froese on waivers.

    An attempt at humour, I suppose.

  6. #15806
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    145,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    “Risk” Froese on waivers.

    An attempt at humour, I suppose.
    You need the proper squad to lose without really trying to lose.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  7. #15807
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    You need the proper squad to lose without really trying to lose.
    true, Habs can't find anyone to play centre.

  8. #15808
    All-Star Elliotlaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Elliot Lake
    Posts
    2,391
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    From EK...

    On Montreal/St Louis Rumor.....

    BIG trade rumor coming out of St Louis today...The rumored deal would send 3 roster players, one of which is Max Pacioretty, to St Louis in return for Jaden Schwartz and a draft pick. This rumor surprised me as although Schwartz has faced a ton of injury issues he is also a crazy talented player who would fit in very well in Montreal....

  9. #15809
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliotlaker View Post
    From EK...
    Stopped reading right there.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  10. #15810
    Legend Habs53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    15,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    You need the proper squad to lose without really trying to lose.
    Our goal tending is providing all the help we need to lose at the moment. We cannot score goals and we cannot stop them.... that equals tons and tons of loses

  11. #15811
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    There are rumors swirling that Max Domi is available.

    Is he a center or winger?
    Go Habs Go!

  12. #15812
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    There are rumors swirling that Max Domi is available.

    Is he a center or winger?
    Was a winger before, but then the coach switched him to centre a few weeks ago I believe.

  13. #15813
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    On Max Domi’s struggles (three goals, 20 assists in 55 games played): “In order for us to get where we want to go, these young players, they’re most susceptible to these ups and downs. For Max, it hasn’t been the best year in terms of goal production, but he’s been playing the center position. It’s a very difficult position at a young age to be able to produce from.

    “If you can play the center position, you can play the wing position. As he transitions here, we probably see him long-term as probably being a winger. But this is all part of growing his game and we think it will be helpful when he does transition back.”

    http://arizonasports.com/story/14160...rade-deadline/

    Seems like the move to centre is temporary, they just want him to improve his defensive game.

  14. #15814
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    There are rumors swirling that Max Domi is available.

    Is he a center or winger?
    Posters here will continually say he's a center whether he is or not once he ends up somewhere else.

  15. #15815
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    On Max Domi’s struggles (three goals, 20 assists in 55 games played): “In order for us to get where we want to go, these young players, they’re most susceptible to these ups and downs. For Max, it hasn’t been the best year in terms of goal production, but he’s been playing the center position. It’s a very difficult position at a young age to be able to produce from.

    “If you can play the center position, you can play the wing position. As he transitions here, we probably see him long-term as probably being a winger. But this is all part of growing his game and we think it will be helpful when he does transition back.”

    http://arizonasports.com/story/14160...rade-deadline/

    Seems like the move to centre is temporary, they just want him to improve his defensive game.
    Wow! That sounds exactly like a certain player we acquired this past summer
    Go Habs Go!

  16. #15816
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Wow! That sounds exactly like a certain player we acquired this past summer
    Yup but Domi wont cost you Chevy

  17. #15817
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    52,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Yup but Domi wont cost you Chevy
    I bet he'll still cost a pretty good asset
    Go Habs Go!

  18. #15818
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    19,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I bet he'll still cost a pretty good asset
    Analytic teenager will look at his chart and see that Pouliot's numbers over the years will be enough

  19. #15819
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    From Eklund: The possibility exists that not only do the Habs not get Tavares but that the Isles will keep him AND get Max.

    "This is an interesting one and the first time I have heard of any "contingency plans" with the Islanders and Tavares... In saying this, I still believe the chances are better than 70% that Tavares is going to be signing with the Islanders for a VERY long time...

    According to a reliable source, the Islanders are considering a run at Max Pacioretty should they not be able to get Tavares signed...could Max be a part of deal to acquire Tavares' rights in Montreal? Possibly, but more likely it would be a separate deal..."
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  20. #15820
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    From Eklund: The possibility exists that not only do the Habs not get Tavares but that the Isles will keep him AND get Max.

    "This is an interesting one and the first time I have heard of any "contingency plans" with the Islanders and Tavares... In saying this, I still believe the chances are better than 70% that Tavares is going to be signing with the Islanders for a VERY long time...

    According to a reliable source, the Islanders are considering a run at Max Pacioretty should they not be able to get Tavares signed...could Max be a part of deal to acquire Tavares' rights in Montreal? Possibly, but more likely it would be a separate deal..."
    The habs don't have vision, so I can see them doing something like that. It will be amazing enjoying another run of 5+ years of not winning the cup. Max needs to be traded for an A level prospect and maybe a B+, not the fkn rights to JT.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS DONKEY BALLS

Page 791 of 852 FirstFirst ... 291691741781789790791792793801841 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •