• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Because he really isn't as good as people are making him out to be and if he gets signed to a 4mil/year deal MB has to pony up a 1st rounder and a 3rd.

Obviously don't mind losing the 3rd but alos a 1st round pick for a guy that is a notch better than Danault may be a tough pill to swallow
At $3.9M only have to surrender a 2nd and 3rd if I recall - had posted that this summer.

Streit Sale! Everyone's invited!

Beg.gif

Whadda joke. Striet being shopped. Hemsky scratched. Martinsen waived, King released, Ott Retired, what a hot transaction history!

No chance of ever happening but since this is a bullshit list. Sens have a surplus of defenceman to the point that they even sent down Thomas Chabot because they couldn't play him. Injuries got him recalled recently but in a pipe dream, I'd offer them Galchanyuk for Chabot and hope for the best (I'd be willing to include picks on top of it and a prospect if needed).

Chabot will be good in this league for years, a solid top 2 and is Lefty on top of it.

But Likely the Sens are not looking to trade him and even if they would entertain the thought, they probably would prefer to trade him to another team than us. But, bullshit is bullshit...

No chance of ever happening but since this is a bullshit list. Sens have a surplus of defenceman to the point that they even sent down Thomas Chabot because they couldn't play him. Injuries got him recalled recently but in a pipe dream, I'd offer them Galchanyuk for Chabot and hope for the best (I'd be willing to include picks on top of it and a prospect if needed).

Chabot will be good in this league for years, a solid top 2 and is Lefty on top of it.

But Likely the Sens are not looking to trade him and even if they would entertain the thought, they probably would prefer to trade him to another team than us. But, bullshit is bullshit...

Chabot or a player like him doesn't fit in with MB's "win-now" mandate. MB is in his 6th year in charge - he doesn't have the personal luxury to build for 2-3 years now. Things will get worse and older until MB is gone.

MB (or Engles) thinks Weber is "untouchable"? Yikes....

That's a prime example of how a rebuild won't happen during Marc's remaining tenure.

There is no rebuild happening, there is no one in the Habs organization from top to bottom that has spoken about that possibility.

I know I know....anyone with half a brain should know that its the only way to go.

But in the meantime there is no point in discussing it since MB is looking to improve the team for the now

There is no rebuild happening, there is no one in the Habs organization from top to bottom that has spoken about that possibility.

I know I know....anyone with half a brain should know that its the only way to go.

But in the meantime there is no point in discussing it since MB is looking to improve the team for the now

I know this already. You don't need to respond like this every single time a rebuild is brought up. I was responding to a comment from another poster that brought up the idea of trading for high end prospects.

Everytime I speak about a rebuild I qualify it with the fact that I understand that MB will need to be fired for this to happen.

MB remaining in charge will only drive this organization deeper into a futile "win-now" mode.

Last edited:

I know this already. You don't need to respond like this every single time a rebuild is brought up. I was responding to a comment from another poster that brought up the idea of trading for high end prospects.

Everytime I speak about a rebuild I qualify it with the fact that I understand that MB will need to be fired for this to happen.

MB remaining in charge will only drive this organization deeper into a futile "win-now" mode.

The next GM won't "rebuild" either. It's not the the allowed MO/business model around here, no matter who's the GM.

The next GM won't "rebuild" either. It's not the the allowed MO/business model around here, no matter who's the GM.

I'm not sure this time.

The organization has been stripped dry by MB. People in Montreal will understand and accept a rebuild if it is messaged properly (like it was in Toronto). The proper key messages must be used in any media response.

And honestly, we can still suck for 2 or 3 years even with Price in nets. A rebuild can happen if done properly. I.E. completely tank the next two years - Price will still be good 3 years from now when we are ready to compete again.

The Habs ownership consortium does not possess the wherewithal to “suck for a few years”

Back