• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Over the last few years that second contract value has gone considerably from years ago.

CMD , Matthews I can agree but you don’t need to set new parameters for Nylander types .

You don’t vault 20 goal ...60 point forwards ( especially non centers ) in the 8-9 mil range after their ELC

When they are only 22 years old coming off back to back 60 point seasons it's awfully tempting to lock up talent like that long term considering he's putting up those numbers and is not even in his prime.

Now I don't know if 8 mil is viable but The kid is a tremendous talent and it's hard to imagine that he's peaked, these two should just meet at 7 million over a long term deal.

Over the last few years that second contract value has gone considerably from years ago.

CMD , Matthews I can agree but you don’t need to set new parameters for Nylander types .

You don’t vault 20 goal ...60 point forwards ( especially non centers ) in the 8-9 mil range after their ELC

When they are only 22 years old coming off back to back 60 point seasons it's awfully tempting to lock up talent like that long term considering he's putting up those numbers and is not even in his prime.

Now I don't know if 8 mil is viable but The kid is a tremendous talent and it's hard to imagine that he's peaked, these two should just meet at 7 million over a long term deal.

[/B]

Tell pretty boy to take a bridge deal and then go to arbitration and if your worth it ...you get paid.

Lost money= never make it back money

Dont worry Willy you can still make ends meet .

non one is going to offer sheet Willy

Agreed, the compensation is just too heavy.

There's really only one player that may be worth that kind of compensation and its Mathews.

But his injury woes are staring to become pretty common

Agreed, the compensation is just too heavy.

There's really only one player that may be worth that kind of compensation and its Mathews.

But his injury woes are staring to become pretty common

I will gladly take 4-5 first rounders for Willy

The sweet spot for the offer sheet is between 8 and 10M, which is 2 firsts, a second and a third. Might be more than what the Leafs would like to pay but maybe not the compensation they really want.

IMO now is the time to package Mete + for help on D. Great skater and all but doesn’t have any other offensive weapons, and is too small to become a defensive stalwart - was tough watching Mete try to cover Neal last night. Lopsided matchup.

Wonder if Mete + Hudon/Benn (depending on Pens need) could net Maatta who’s apparently available.

IMO now is the time to package Mete + for help on D. Great skater and all but doesn’t have any other offensive weapons, and is too small to become a defensive stalwart - was tough watching Mete try to cover Neal last night. Lopsided matchup.

It's not the right time to start trading young players unless you are getting someone that is either the same age, younger, a draft pick or a really good prospect.

We are not at the point to start trading for vets.

Meh. Keep Mete if that is what you think he can only fetch.

Not a fan of trading a 20 year old during a rebuild for a player that will next be turning 25 that hasn't been super impressive while in the league.

I am not trying to overvalue Mete, I just don't think it's the right time to trade younger players unless the return meets the above criteria.

This argument is ridiculous. Maatta would still be on this team 2 years from now. Mete won’t.

That being said, you won’t get Maatta for Mete + Benn.

Pierre LeBrun was also talking about Zadorov being available.

I legitimately would love to see him play with Weber. Where the hell do you go on the ice?

Zadorov 6'5" 230lbs, Weber 6'4" 229lbs

Jeebus!

Back