• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Geeman doesn't like players who demand to be paid what they are worth and who are like lickspittles and toadies who take whatever is offered them.

Lets see here ....... no pay cheque or a multi million dollar 3 year bridge and then your inline for another mega deal if your good

Whats your game plan Willy ......

Lets see here ....... no pay cheque or a multi million dollar 3 year bridge and then your inline for another mega deal if your good

Whats your game plan Willy ......

you tell me, how would you feel if you see Tavares come in and get 11 million per, PN is going to get say 13 million, Marner, 8 million, and you are ****ed with a bridge deal of maybe 4-5 million? He isn't half the player PN is although PN might be the best in the world now. Players know what they are worth and the Leafs are ****ing him over just because his ELC is up before Marner and PN's

you tell me, how would you feel if you see Tavares come in and get 11 million per, PN is going to get say 13 million, Marner, 8 million, and you are ****ed with a bridge deal of maybe 4-5 million? He isn't half the player PN is although PN might be the best in the world now. Players know what they are worth and the Leafs are ****ing him over just because his ELC is up before Marner and PN's

Disagree completely Count . JT signed a 6 year 2nd contract and was grossly underpaid ever since . He earned his right to UFA status and whatever it brings .

Willy on a 5 year lets say 6 mil year deal is in line with Ehlers, Pasternak etc.......he isn`t short changed or ripped off at all.

Then he becomes a UFA and can do the JT summer recruiting show if he is a star .

Marner is willing to use his extra year of service to prove he is worth more and take the risk .

If he gets 8 million its because he is more valuable than Willy

PN if all goes well will be battling CMD for the next decade as the best player in the world , he will get 12-13 mil cause he does what Willy cant do ....carry a franchise .

So if your Willy , you STFU and understand your place in the teams pecking order .

Count , Willy wants to be a 3 year lawyer and be a principal partner the year later without paying his dues or understanding that their are better candidates ahead of him .

Disagree completely Count . JT signed a 6 year 2nd contract and was grossly underpaid ever since . He earned his right to UFA status and whatever it brings .

Willy on a 5 year lets say 6 mil year deal is in line with Ehlers, Pasternak etc.......he isn`t short changed or ripped off at all.

Then he becomes a UFA and can do the JT summer recruiting show if he is a star .

Marner is willing to use his extra year of service to prove he is worth more and take the risk .

If he gets 8 million its because he is more valuable than Willy

PN if all goes well will be battling CMD for the next decade as the best player in the world , he will get 12-13 mil cause he does what Willy cant do ....carry a franchise .

So if your Willy , you STFU and understand your place in the teams pecking order .

Count , Willy wants to be a 3 year lawyer and be a principal partner the year later without paying his dues or understanding that their are better candidates ahead of him [/B] .

So he is a typical millenial...

There’s nothing wrong with a player trying to maximize their earnings just as there’s nothing wrong with management trying to get a player to ink as cheap a contract as possible.

It’s every human beings god given right to maximize greed - in the end the market will determine ones value.

Not sure where you got I disagreed that Tavares deserved his contract, hell he probably should have demanded McDavid money, he took less. However, no way that Nylander says, oh he was underpaid so I am totally cool with him being paid maybe double what I make now (he won't get double the points).

It is circular to say that if Marner gets 8 it is because he is more valuable. He is not expecting to be paid like Marner likely will be, but is he worth maybe 3 million less per season?

I suspect the Leafs are looking forward and figuring there is no way they can improve the defence with paying PN 13-14 million, Tavares 11, Marner 8 and Nylander 7, 39-40 million for four forwards. Cap will go up so no need to panic but that is a lot for four forwards.

Nylander is the one getting screwed however.

Back