• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

All it takes is one idiot out out of 30

I get it but it didn't need to be us . I understand his value for us but given the optics of this team this signing from a hockey perspective is brutal .

All he does is keep us in the dreaded middle if he plays well with a fraud supporting cast.

From EK.....

On the Rangers and Pacioretty...

I was told by a good source that a certain ranger player is pushing hard to get Patches to NY...more on this soon...

I get it but it didn't need to be us . I understand his value for us but given the optics of this team this signing from a hockey perspective is brutal .

All he does is keep us in the dreaded middle if he plays well with a fraud supporting cast.

He hasn't stolen too many wins this season.

From EK.....

On the Rangers and Pacioretty...

I was told by a good source that a certain ranger player is pushing hard to get Patches to NY...more on this soon...
That'd be Shattenkirk

Last edited:

Pacioretty Rumors Heat Up...Leafs Interested..."Crazy Deal";Thur's Buzzcast
January 18, 2018, 1:54 PM ET [48 Comments]

Eklund

More to come, but I am following a hot rumor this afternoon...It is not a surprise that Montreal is willing to move Max, but today was the first day I have heard the Leafs connected to Pacioretty....I am told the price coming back to Montreal would "make you question why both of these teams would trade with each other...a very Crazy deal."

The Leafs are one of the poorer playoff teams, so their picks would be higher. The Habs should be trying to deal with teams that are lower playoff seeds to get higher 1st rounders back .

Brian Wilde:
On Calgary radio, Elliotte Friedman says that Bergevin is the most active already among all GMs. He is, he says, working on the rebuild. He adds apparently only Price and Mete are untouchable.

I hope MB isn't limiting himself to dealing fro example a player like Max only to the West.

At this point he has to take the best offer even if it comes from Boston or Toronto.

I hope MB isn't limiting himself to dealing fro example a player like Max only to the West.

At this point he has to take the best offer even if it comes from Boston or Toronto.

They should looking to move Patch to teams in the middle like Pitts, Rangers, LA, Calgary, Minny.

You need to get the best and highest draft picks available.

Brian Wilde:
On Calgary radio, Elliotte Friedman says that Bergevin is the most active already among all GMs. He is, he says, working on the rebuild. He adds apparently only Price and Mete are untouchable.

broken-record-gif-1.gif

They should looking to move Patch to teams in the middle like Pitts, Rangers, LA, Calgary, Minny.

You need to get the best and highest draft picks available.

I think if a first rounder is involved it'll be component #2 in the trade.

The main piece will make or break a deal

The number of 1st rounders they get should be the main piece.

If the main piece in a trade for Max is the first rounder there is a serious problem with Bergevin.

The main component should be an actual body followed by a first rounder.

Brian Wilde:
Why is Mete untouchable while Sergachev obviously wasn't?

Why is Mete untouchable while Sergachev obviously wasn't?

probably because he was only willing to trade one of the two not both

or maybe he learned from his mistakes

or Mete plays the game the white way

side note
i think the habs should just draft defense
that seems to be the only thing they are good at
just need to trade them for things better than gomez/drouin

Avalanche got 3 prospects and 3 picks (1st, 2nd and 3rd) for Duchene. We should be able to get more than that, if not on quantity at least on quality.

Back