• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

We are proud announce that Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens is now a client of Octagon.

LOL hence the rumours.

John Shannon
John Shannon
@JSportsnet
·
1m
Just spoke with Allan Walsh. He confirms that Max Pacioretty is now a client. Leaving CAA and Pat Brisson.

New implications for Walsh’s witnessed discussion with Bergevin. Extension? Updating about trade discussions?

Max doesn’t want to get underpaid again and might fear Brisson being chummy chummy with MB may be a factor.

This may mean Max is negotiating a new deal

yeah, seems like he changed agents because he wants to stay in Montreal. Not sure this is in the best interest of the team.

Max doesn’t want to get underpaid again and might fear Brisson being chummy chummy with MB may be a factor.

This may mean Max is negotiating a new deal

He wasnt underpaid when he signed . He took security on his deal and wasnt a finished product yet .

I could be wrong but didnt he sign after he got his brain smashed by Chara.

If you want to be paid according to what your worth , sign 1 year deals and take your chance

Cant bitch later , you got security if you stink , overachieve or get hurt .

MB is probably to blame for this, he's just dicking around trying to get Max to accept a cheap deal because he doesnt really want him. Just trade the guy already.

Last edited:
MB is probably to blame for this, he's just dicking around trying to get Max to accept a cheap deal because he doesnt really want him. Just trade the guy already.
I’m starting to look at it another way, the high ask in the marketplace was to scare Max into accepting another below market deal, and may have been down that path with MB & his BFF negotiating the deal. I don’t think MB really intended to move Max except for a can’t refuse deal.

Will be interest to see how his plays out - Max doesn’t want to leave it seems.

It looks like Bergevin reread Chapter 8 of his copy of “Negotiating for Dummies” in preparation for this week.

So apparently Pacioretty couldn't come to terms with the Kings, otherwise he would have been gone and Kovalchuk would still be looking for a team. Probably why he fired his agent.

Unless it comes from Dreger or McKenzie it means nothing.

Even guys like LeBrun, Kypreos and Friedman are guessing when they report things.

Never repeat something publicly unless it originated from those two.

Max will be dealt in the next few days. MB will lower his demands. I told you people that Max’s trade value is low due to his pending UFA status.

Last edited:
Yah, he should have been moved after Gucci Copernicus failed to sign Markov and Radulov. That was the nail on last year’s coffin (which coincides with Pacioretty’s contract situation) and pretty much everyone knew it.

I mean, at this point it might be best to keep him. Depends on term.

Back