• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Older players won't do 1-year deals (unless they're really up there in age) because they run the risk of career ending injury. All these guys know is hockey. Sure a few go on to coach or broadcast but the vast majority need to make their money now because they won't come close to that income later in life for the most part.

(from EK)

Quick hit this AM...

I am following up on a rumor that the Red Wings and Canadiens have discussed Max Pacioretty....The Habs would get a package including a draft pick, Gustav Nyquist and Darren Helm...

(from EK)

Quick hit this AM...

I am following up on a rumor that the Red Wings and Canadiens have discussed Max Pacioretty....The Habs would get a package including a draft pick, Gustav Nyquist and Darren Helm...

I would love MB to do that, really put the nail in the coffin for this club. Get older guys to try to make the playoffs! DO IT MB!

I’ve come up with 3 options for Max that I think could be interesting and reflect his drop in value.

1- to Florida for Bjugstad, McCoshen and 1st if Panthers entend Max, 2nd if they don’t
2- to Anaheim for Max Jones, Corey Perry and a 1st (extended or not)
3- to Dallas for Nichushkin and same conditional pick as Florida deal

Do u think these make sense? I like the Dallas deal...

I’ve come up with 3 options for Max that I think could be interesting and reflect his drop in value.

1- to Florida for Bjugstad, McCoshen and 1st if Panthers entend Max, 2nd if they don’t
2- to Anaheim for Max Jones, Corey Perry and a 1st (extended or not)
3- to Dallas for Nichushkin and same conditional pick as Florida deal

Do u think these make sense? I like the Dallas deal...

I am not touching Perry with a 10 foot pole so that deal is a no no

Dallas has no interest paying Max big money IMO with Seguin up at the same time

The Florida deal with Bjugstad in some package is the only logical move

Back