• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

San Jose would be a great fit for Tavares, for what it's worth...

Darren Dreger states this morning that he's talked to some of Tavares' entourage, and the message he got was that Tavares doesn't see MTL as a good fit for him.

I can't see why Tavares would pick MTL over Vegas for example....

Totally surprised ...:eek6:

Darren Dreger states this morning that he's talked to some of Tavares' entourage, and the message he got was that Tavares doesn't see MTL as a good fit for him.

I can't see why Tavares would pick MTL over Vegas for example....

Other than money there is no reason for JT to sign with the Habs.

The team isn't close to contending and it's a fish-bowl.

JT will have a lot of options for big dollars in many cities. He doesn't need Montreal.

Not to say JT signs in Montreal as I believe that a very long shot but this is Dreger you’re all discussing. He’s a minor step up from Kypreos.

Per Bobby Mac - Habs & Canes two most interested teams in ROR. Thinks Habs are better positioned due to large signing bonus due July 1st. Asking price expected to be similar to Simmonds + Luke Schenn + 2nd round pick Philly netted for Mike Richards.

So what would that be on the Habs? Shaw, Alzner and a second?

I know O'Reilly would be an improvement over what we have at centre but really is he an answer?

I know O'Reilly would be an improvement over what we have at centre but really is he an answer?

One of the best 2nd line centers in the league. Get a #1 and you’re golden. Problem is Montreal will likely use him at #1 and you get another Koivu situation, ok #1 but would be better as a #2.

ROR is better than Stastny, but I wouldn't call him "significantly" better.

ROR is a bigger version of Pleks. Ideal second line center who can produce offensively. His contract sucks, but whatever.

Between the two of them, I would get neither. But if I had to take one, I would probably prefer to get Stastny over ROR. He's a UFA therefore he won't cost any assets, he's turning 33 in December and won't be able to get a very long-term contract. I do expect his play to take a drop either next season or the following one as forwards see their production drop in their 30s.

Last edited:
Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

FWIW - Radar was never the fastest or smoothest skater at the best of times...don’t expect that will improve post-30.

Maybe Lehkonen and Juulsen along with a 2nd

BTW - noticed an error in that Bobby Mac quote, should read Brayden Schenn not Luke. Burke swapped Luke for JVR if memory serves.

The Kings acquired Richards for Simmonds + Brayden Schenn + 2nd

Yup.

To this day I'll maintain that while Philly got the better end of that deal, same thing with the Jeff Carter deal, they hung themselves and haven't been relevant contenders ever since.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Maybe Lehkonen and Juulsen along with a 2nd
Radar’s got 5-more years left on his deal at $7.5M AAV and heavily front loaded with bonuses, I just can’t see any team other than the Habs having the combination of space & wherewithal to absorb that contract...unless the Sabres eat some (a lot?) $ I just don’t see them getting that asking price.

I don't see why Buffalo would trade ROR to be honest. That is, unless a team is willing to overpay to get him. And even then, who's Buffalo's replacement for the #2 center slot? Maybe Casey Mittlestadt, but he gives them a banging 1-2-3 combination down the middle if they keep him at center.

He's miserable there, yeah, but that isn't their problem. They have their 1-2 punch down the middle for the next 5 years with him & Eichel.

Back