• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Shawn Simpson
@TSNSimmer
Regardless of how this plays out. What I was told and reported, has not happened. That's 100% on me. I was told and said a deal was done, and only needed approval from the NHL. If that was the case, the deal would be done today. Sincere apologies to everyone.

Shawn Simpson
@TSNSimmer
My NHL sources tell me a Karlsson deal to Tampa is done, pending a call with the league office. @TSN1200
14:11 - 6 juil. 2018

Joe Smith
[emoji818]
@JoeSmithTB
Don’t expect any #TBLightning deal for Erik Karlsson anytime soon, per source. Not saying it won’t happen eventually, but nothing imminent or close.
16:56 - 6 juil. 2018

Allan Walsh

Verified account

@walsha

We have a Jan Kovar update. Jan is evaluating and considering various NHL offers and will be making a decision tomorrow. #EHSHockey ##OctagonHockey

Wonder if Habs are making an offer. I say pass.

I am always in favour of taking a shot on a player that costs you no assets. I have no faith that this guy would be anything special though.

I would rather loose with Mete and Juulsen developing than still lose with another stiff vet on our team.

I don't mind any players we can get that we can flip at the deadline for picks/prospects. But, with MB doing the signing, if we overpay they will have less value to another team.

Don't mind a depth vet defenceman or two, injuries occur so the young guys will get their share of time, and they won't learn anything if the team is a trainwreck in its own end (ref: Edm Oilers).

Don't mind a depth vet defenceman or two, injuries occur so the young guys will get their share of time, and they won't learn anything if the team is a trainwreck in its own end (ref: Edm Oilers).
My issue is more about when the vets gets the playing time while the kids sits on the bench. If it would be the other way around, I wouldn't mind too much.

My issue is more about when the vets gets the playing time while the kids sits on the bench. If it would be the other way around, I wouldn't mind too much.

Oh I agree with you definitely. Though, there are a lot of cases where it's also not good if a young guy gets too much ice time and struggles and loses confidence. If a Mete or Juulsen play 60-70 games and get the odd game off when they're struggling, there's nothing wrong with that. There's a sweet spot, and I'm not sure our management is really up to find that. Though, I thought they handled Beaulieu pretty well, but he just didn't develop for whatever reason that doesn't seem the management's fault.

From Ek's page....he must be reading this "Forum"....

On the Montreal Canadien Haters...

While it is true the Habs have seen much greener pastures the amount of outright hate and "piling on" that is happening out there is atrocious... to the point now that I am even hearing Carey Price and Shea Weber are "un-tradeable." Nothing could be more absurd...

While true that Weber isn't tradeable while he is recovers from his surgery, just ask yourself what he would garner on the UFA market were he healthy? First off, remember Weber's contract was front loaded in a huge way, and while his cap hit is high, his actual salary continues to decrease every year.

More importantly everyone is forgetting what he brings to a team. If you have ever had a chance to see Shea Weber play live you understand that when he is on the ice he runs the entire defense and directs traffic constantly...and any team's power play would look slightly better with the hardest shot in the NHL on the point....The Canadiens would have ZERO problem trading Shea Weber and getting great return...if they wanted to...

And as for Carey Price....The Canadiens won't move Price, but if they wanted to they could get the biggest return ever received for a goalie...if Price was a UFA he would be getting 7 years at well over 10M....He remains one of the best in the business...

And as for Pacioretty...

The return will be significant based on what i have heard and if the right trade isn't there it isn't completely out of the question the he stays...I don't expect that to be the case, but Max isn't being unreasonable I am told.

All three of these players are leaders...Weber, Price, Pacioretty...if you don't move them you have three major players to lead the young players and this team back into contention quicker than everyone is making out to be the case..

The bottom line is the Canadiens still have some major pieces, players that can either get them plenty for a quick rebuild, or help the young players along the way...and Carey Price's abilities cant be over emphasized...the Canadiens will be in every game he plays..

From Ek's page....he must be reading this "Forum"....

On the Montreal Canadien Haters...

While it is true the Habs have seen much greener pastures the amount of outright hate and "piling on" that is happening out there is atrocious... to the point now that I am even hearing Carey Price and Shea Weber are "un-tradeable." Nothing could be more absurd...

While true that Weber isn't tradeable while he is recovers from his surgery, just ask yourself what he would garner on the UFA market were he healthy? First off, remember Weber's contract was front loaded in a huge way, and while his cap hit is high, his actual salary continues to decrease every year.

More importantly everyone is forgetting what he brings to a team. If you have ever had a chance to see Shea Weber play live you understand that when he is on the ice he runs the entire defense and directs traffic constantly...and any team's power play would look slightly better with the hardest shot in the NHL on the point....The Canadiens would have ZERO problem trading Shea Weber and getting great return...if they wanted to...

And as for Carey Price....The Canadiens won't move Price, but if they wanted to they could get the biggest return ever received for a goalie...if Price was a UFA he would be getting 7 years at well over 10M....He remains one of the best in the business...

And as for Pacioretty...

The return will be significant based on what i have heard and if the right trade isn't there it isn't completely out of the question the he stays...I don't expect that to be the case, but Max isn't being unreasonable I am told.

All three of these players are leaders...Weber, Price, Pacioretty...if you don't move them you have three major players to lead the young players and this team back into contention quicker than everyone is making out to be the case..

The bottom line is the Canadiens still have some major pieces, players that can either get them plenty for a quick rebuild, or help the young players along the way...and Carey Price's abilities cant be over emphasized...the Canadiens will be in every game he plays..

Didn't our PP get better after Weber got hurt?

Haha I couldn't stop laughing reading EK's article. "the biggest return ever received for a goalie..." HAHAHAHAHA. I think he's smoking crack, and hard crack laced with molly. And he thinks we'd get a great return on Weber too. Eklund is obviously a habs management plant trying to build up trade value.

Back