• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

I like your trade
In fact if I were MB, out of the kindness of my heart I’d offer to take on both Ryan + Callahan contracts (Callahan’s contract is the definition of an albatross) if I were to get Chabot + Colin White + Sens 2nd + TBay 1st in 2020

In fact if I were MB, out of the kindness of my heart I’d offer to take on both Ryan + Callahan contracts (Callahan’s contract is the definition of an albatross) if I were to get Chabot + Colin White + Sens 2nd + TBay 1st in 2020

Exactly Sal ....Nero has to be the conduit to taking on cap space from several teams in return for legitimate young assets.

By the time we improve those cap hits are of the books while we hopefully develop our talent base

Exactly Sal ....Nero has to be the conduit to taking on cap space from several teams in return for legitimate young assets.

By the time we improve those cap hits are of the books while we hopefully develop our talent base
Plus 2020 is guaranteed to be another lockout - so Habs’ll get another get out of jail free card.

Alzner’s contract is better served to be bought out after next season or year after rather than use get out of jail card. Callahan’s contract is perfect for that card.

BTW - I assume Hawks would be mighty interested in getting someone to take Hossa’s remaining 3-years off their books...

I don't think I have ever seen Count, Sal or 53 as annoyed and prickly as they have been since this team has decided to rebuild as opposed to patch and play.

Gotta think there’s an opportunity for MB to sell merits of a 3-way deal and help TBay and/or Sens offload a bad contract? Say:

TBay - Karlsson
Sens - TBay 1st + Sergachev
Habs - Ryan / Callahan + Chabot + Sens 2019/2020 2nd
Why would Ottawa give up Chabot and picks on top of Karlsson?

Ignoring Montreal for a second that's like :

Karlsson, Ryan, Chabot, 2nds for Sergachev, Callahan and a 1st.

Ottawa is getting robbed.

Why would Ottawa give up Chabot and picks on top of Karlsson?

Ignoring Montreal for a second that's like :

Karlsson, Ryan, Chabot, 2nds for Sergachev, Callahan and a 1st.

Ottawa is getting robbed.
I agree I wouldn’t make that move, but don’t know what $ constraints Melnick has put on his GM - last report had Melnick wanting to be near cap floor.

For that to happen: no way TBay can acquire Karlsson without jettisoning a sizable contract and Sens wouldn’t be much inclined to accept a large contract back I’d think.

Also it was one Sens pick - one 2nd in my original suggestion either 2019 or 2020.

BTW - I don’t see how Sens don’t get robbed in a Karlsson deal given the state of affairs

Karlsson, Ryan for Sergachev, Callahan, 1st is still very much in TB favor IMO. I understand the cap space needs but I feel it's TB who should throw in more picks and prospects, not Ottawa. Or maybe a bit of both but mostly TB.

So are we going to take on any contracts for pics or just sit on all this cash?

You only take on a contract if you are getting assets or futures along with it. I was annoyed by not being cap team last season, but this year is different. We are a bottom feeder right now, so sitting on the cap space is fine.

You only take on a contract if you are getting assets or futures along with it. I was annoyed by not being cap team last season, but this year is different. We are a bottom feeder right now, so sitting on the cap space is fine.

There are deals to be made to acquire more cap space for young assets

I don't think I have ever seen Count, Sal or 53 as annoyed and prickly as they have been since this team has decided to rebuild as opposed to patch and play.

The team hasn’t decided to “rebuild”. They’ve been karmically forced into it.

Many teams are trying to move money

TB .... Callahan is available for them to make other moves
2 years at 5.8 ..... attach a Raddysh or Koutchak ????

Calgary ..... Brouwer 2 years @ 4.5 ......what kid could they attach ????

Philly ....McDonald 2 years @ 5 mil .....loaded with kids

We did it with Winnipeg for Armia ..... There is no way we cant continue shopping

Back