• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

There is also talks that Ottawa might elect to give up the 4th overall to Colorado this year instead of giving up their next year pick.

There is also talks that Ottawa might elect to give up the 4th overall to Colorado this year instead of giving up their next year pick.

Risky...... but I would give it up now

With that shit shit show on the go you cant chance Hughes going # 1 next year

Its a stacked C top 5 next year

This why trading future top picks make me cringe without some lottery protection .

You absolutely have no effen clue what is going to happen .

They are a year removed from the semis to a complete utter shit hot mess .

Last edited:

I would give up the #4 this year if I was Ottawa.

They're going to be bottom feeders again next year and are going to trade one or both of Karlsson and Hoffman.

Yeah, that's the thinking going on right now. Terrible situation for Ottawa.

seems like that might not be a bad idea

what did they get for that pick? i cannot remember

I still can't believe Nashville gave up that package for Kyle Turris and then signed him longterm. Jesus.

I would give up the #4 this year if I was Ottawa.

They're going to be bottom feeders again next year and are going to trade one or both of Karlsson and Hoffman.

It's way too risky to give Col. the pick this year.

It’s not, because we don’t know where Ottawa will finish in the standings next season. Teams overachieve all the time.
They finished 4th this year and they're looking at trading Karlsson and Hoffman. With Jack Hughes being eligible next year, they could very well end up with the 1st overall.

They finished 4th this year and they're looking at trading Karlsson and Hoffman. With Jack Hughes being eligible next year, they could very well end up with the 1st overall.

They could . . . but they could not. You take the known, the sure thing, not the unknown. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say in the Saguenay Lac St. Jean area.

Last edited:

The same saying goes both ways but they'll wait until after we pick to decide. It's a tough choice regardless.

What makes people think Bergevin/Timmins will draft the wrong guy ?

If anything, they have never gone off the board with their first round picks.....certainly not when drafting in the top 10 (Chuckie-Sergachev)

Outside of McCarron (who was 25th pick anyways), their 1st round picks have not been off the board...they drafted players pretty much where the rankings had them...

If they pick the Finn (because it seems Krusty hangs out with Timmins at the gym), then they are not taking him at #3.....probably trading down

Girard, Kamenev and a 2nd is not that bad for a legit #2 center.

If he was 24, sure, I'd have no issue. But he's turning 29 soon and my thoughts on giving players term & money at that age is well known at this point.

I actually have a fairly high confidence that they'll make the right pick.

Back