• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

well actually he sorta can

he is a free agent
he can sign with any team

the difference is the leafs can match that offer and keep him

He is trapped , he is an RFA with no leverage

Nobody is putting an offer sheet and playing that compensation

Leafs will glaldly take multiple firsts right now

A trade is an option but the other team needs to pony up to his terms so that eliminates plenty of suitors and some teams dont have the assets the Leafs want .

This is a battle the Leafs simply cant cave . I would tell him to stay home and play with Frolunda for 200k .

Brandon Saad is struggling big time in Chicago

6 million cap hit only 25 years old signed until 2020-21

Chicago as usual right up against the cap with significant raises coming to Debincrat and Schmaltz inside the next two years.

Rumors are that Chicago was asking for Galchenyuk this summer to unload him.

Is Chicago now at the point of offering up a premium to have a team take this contract off their hands?

Chicago as usual right up against the cap with significant raises coming to Debincrat and Schmaltz inside the next two years.

Is Chicago now at the point of offering up a premium to have a team take this contract off their hands?

Would definitely consider it , its only 3 years left .

Maybe get one of their young drafted D as well

I don't see it happening.

They would be ok if Bowman wasn`t drinking and giving Seebrook 8 years

There were rumors a couple of weeks back former Domi & Marner teammate from London, Josh Anderson potentially in the crosshairs of both Habs and Leafs.

Wonder if there’s some combo of Hudon / Scherbak that would entice CBJ, given Anderson’s off to a really good start with 7-goals - 17 & 19 goals last 2-seasons respectively.

There were rumors a couple of weeks back former Domi & Marner teammate from London, Josh Anderson potentially in the crosshairs of both Habs and Leafs.

Wonder if there’s some combo of Hudon / Scherbak that would entice CBJ, given Anderson’s off to a really good start with 7-goals - 17 & 19 goals last 2-seasons respectively.

Hudon and Sherbak have little to no value...they both have proven nothing in the NHL, you'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for either

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
There is word tonight TOR has asked teams to indicate what they would offer -- and will not trade -- for William Nylander. Still think their first choice is to sign him, but we have entered the next stage, with 20 days until the deadline.

There is no way they will win this trade

Nylander will be the best player in any deal they make, no one is giving up a better forward so it will be a package of lesser players that will not necessarily make them better.

I dislike the Leafs but this really sucks for them. I cannot believe that a RFA would sit out a whole season. Makes me wonder what will happen with their other soon to be free agents.

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
There is word tonight TOR has asked teams to indicate what they would offer -- and will not trade -- for William Nylander. Still think their first choice is to sign him, but we have entered the next stage, with 20 days until the deadline.

Would love to pick up Willie but I don’t think we have the assets. You know they’ll ask for Suzuki +.

Back