• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Wow, if he was so bad then how could the Habs sign him to such a contract. And dont forget other teams like Winnipeg were in on the Alzner bidding too.

why do you think a bunch of us were so against it?

Even though they won this year and he was useful, I'm still not a fan of that contract. 5.5 is too much for a player like Irpik, especially with term.

It was industry-wide speculated that Alzner was going to the worst "bang for buck" signing of the off-season.

why do you think a bunch of us were so against it?

I didn't mind the idea of Alzner coming, but that was mostly because he played at BWC where my son played, but I didn't want him to be paid more than Emelin was. Unfortunately, he was.

Even though they won this year and he was useful, I'm still not a fan of that contract. 5.5 is too much for a player like Irpik, especially with term.

I'll gladly deal with overpaying guys like that if it means we win the cup

agreed
pay for the stars not the scrubs

I know not much stock is put in +/- these days. But the "useless" Alzner was "only" -7 on a terrible team.

Yeah. Shows how useless that is. Petry is clearly better than Alzner.

And -7 isn't good anyway obviously...

According to TSN Winnipeg, MB refused a Mathieu Perreault vs Andrew Shaw trade at the trade deadline

James Duthie is saying more crazy shit coming down the chute in Ottawa, its not over.

Back