• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

I think the point is to do it better.

The LD is a hole for the Habs, it makes perfect sense that Bergevin would be constantly inquiring when one is rumored available. This is not pulitzer worthy reporting.

I think the point is to do it better.

The LD is a hole for the Habs, it makes perfect sense that Bergevin would be constantly inquiring when one is rumored available. This is not pulitzer worthy reporting.

Simply make sound hockey decisions thats all I expect from this regime .

20 games in is way too early to start adding to this group or going for it.

I dont want to see dumb moves like getting Maata for Brook types of moves .

The point is to constantly be trying to improve and yes, sometimes the smartest move is the one you don’t make.

The point is to constantly be trying to improve and yes, sometimes the smartest move is the one you don’t make.

If Price is back to form, I think our defense is fine with Weber back....no need to make moves by sacrificing youth or draft picks.

We just need to keep playing as a team, it's been our strength this year (compared to previous years). Having Byron/Armia back will also help a lot up front....some guys are playing more than they should....

IMO it’s more about finding a way to upgrade on Scherbak, Hudon & Mete without sacrificing much on age & contract status.

I dont want to see dumb moves like getting Maata for Brook types of moves .
Rutherford’s not looking for prospects, he didn’t resign as GM to build for the future, he’s in win now mode. If he deals Maatta he wants similar aged players who can help now.

If Price is back to form, I think our defense is fine with Weber back....no need to make moves by sacrificing youth or draft picks.

We just need to keep playing as a team, it's been our strength this year (compared to previous years). Having Byron/Armia back will also help a lot up front....some guys are playing more than they should....
Habs still need a minute eating LDman to play with Weber, so Reilly & Mete can properly slot on the 2nd & 3rd pairings

IMO it’s more about finding a way to upgrade on Scherbak, Hudon & Mete without sacrificing much on age & contract status.

Simply put we should of drafted better to upstage those players . They should of been in our system knocking on the door for playing time .

What would it take to get Kopitar and Doughty? Besides a miracle.

Doubt either would consider a trade and waive their NTC clause .

If I was Doughty I would consider going to the Leafs and go for titles .

They can start the rebuild with Nylander and cap fillers . The Leafs will have 2 studs on the ice for 50 minutes a night.

They can deal with the cap implications later before Freddie , Kadri and Morgan are due raises .

That sound u hear is Altair, Captain and Bradley falling down passing out.

But like they say, 20-games does not maketh a season...

We'll see what you say in 2-3 years from now when we get back to year after year of mediocrity and no cup. But then again, that's perfectly fine for some fans.

They may force a move though. Muzzin maybe?
Too much smoke regarding Muzzin. 29-years old and has some 4-years left on his deal.

Muzzin + Toffolli would be a nice combo package for Habs - Toffolli would look might nice on KKs rightside. Not sure Habs & Kings are a trade fit though.

We'll see what you say in 2-3 years from now when we get back to year after year of mediocrity and no cup. But then again, that's perfectly fine for some fans.
Can’t always live for 2-3 years away, life’s too short, because sometimes 2-3 years has a way of becoming 2-3 years away

Back