• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Vacations and Travel Thread

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2015 Offseason

Florence is great, I think of it as a a jammed Renaissance theme park, so a few days is enough. The locals eat in Fiesole, a few miles north. And the real pleasure is chilling in nearby small towns full of hills, wine and fresh food. Sienna is a tight medieval city.

Umbria is also a great region.

Bologna/Modena is where to go if you want to trip out on next level food.

Venice is a must see if you go off season. The north is underrated. Great beaches and mountains.

Rome is where to go if you want to say a prayer about the Habs finding their big centre.

Florence is great, I think of it as a a jammed Renaissance theme park, so a few days is enough. The locals eat in Fiesole, a few miles north. And the real pleasure is chilling in nearby small towns full of hills, wine and fresh food. Sienna is a tight medieval city.

Venice is a must see if you go off season. The north is underrated. Great beaches and mountains.

Rome is where to go if you want to say a prayer about the Habs finding their big centre.

I thought that was Pittsburgh?

BTW, not enough people go to Greece. The place is super chill. I'm excited to check out Crete when I go again.

Yes!

BTW, not enough people go to Greece. The place is super chill. I'm excited to check out Crete when I go again.

The wife and I loved Crete. Great hiking, and we found some tiny villages to just zone out. Wonderful.

I have two places in Greece and haven't been there since 2013. It is quite relaxing as long as you don't pay attention to the politics.

Check out San Gimignano if you want medieval...but maybe that's what you meant by neighbouring Sienna?

Angela Price
I fell in love with Rome today #vatican #colosseum #ancientrome #beautiful #historyoverload #tiredfeet

CF3GmgPVIAI5QGv.jpg

Back