• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2015 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... thereabouts. Gallagher and Galchenyuk will add 5ish, to 6ish million to cap hit I suspect.

Gallagher already signed.... he's going up by 3 million.

As a former 3rd overall pick... Galchenyuk already counts for about 3.75 against the cap, I don't see him going up too high.... not with a bridge deal.

Mitch Melnick
Memo to Marc Bergevin: Derrick Brassard - quality C traded since Joe Thornton was dealt by Boston to San Jose. See also: Seguin, Spezza.

Arpon Basu:
So now Habs front office has a director of professional scouting. Marc Bergevin's track record on job creation is very strong.

Mitch Melnick
Memo to Marc Bergevin: Derrick Brassard - quality C traded since Joe Thornton was dealt by Boston to San Jose. See also: Seguin, Spezza.

Brassard is not a #1 centre.

As for Seguin and Spezza... Boston and Ottawa would have never in a million years traded them to Montreal.

Brassard is not a #1 centre.

As for Seguin and Spezza... Boston and Ottawa would have never in a million years traded them to Montreal.

Agreed - also Spezza only provided a list of teams in "non-traditional hockey markets" he'd lift his NMC for.

Let's see how it goes this summer - I think there's also an MB factor at play in this. He doesn't seem to want to make a deal, unless he's the clear cut winner (Weise for Diaz), or the players are a wash/non factors (Sekac for DSP). As a Habs fan that's great to hear (anti-Reggie Houle syndrome), but sometimes u need to give value for value.

Brassard has never scored 20 + goals in a season and this year was his first 50+ point season.

If Pleks can't be called a #1 center nor can this guy

Agreed - also Spezza only provided a list of teams in "non-traditional hockey markets" he'd lift his NMC for.

Let's see how it goes this summer - I think there's also an MB factor at play in this. He doesn't seem to want to make a deal, unless he's the clear cut winner (Weise for Diaz), or the players are a wash/non factors (Sekac for DSP). As a Habs fan that's great to hear (anti-Reggie Houle syndrome), but sometimes u need to give value for value.

I don't think that's true. Weise for Diaz was not a clear winner at the moment of the trade, Cole for Ryder was a ballsy move, trading Gorges was another one, Sekac-DSP has the potential to back fire big time. He won't made a trade for the sake of making a made but I don't doubt that he's too scare to make a trade. Obviously he won't make a trade that he thinks he will lose, but that's great.

IMO Edmonton is the perfect target for us. We need to snatch one of their good young forwards this summer. I wouldn't even be picky, grab anyone that's available from them.

Trade targets for me... obviously we can only get one)

Edmonton (Eberle, Hall, Yakupov or Draisatl)
Leafs (kessel, JVR)
St. Louis (Backes, Oshie)
San Jose (any of their skilled forwards if they decide to shake up that roster).
Chicago (Sharp)
Avalanche (O'Reilly or other young forward)
Carolina (Eric Staal if available for the right price)
Columbus (kicking tires based on rychel rumor)

Those are teams i'd be on the phone with seeing what prices are like.

Trade targets for me... obviously we can only get one)

Edmonton (Eberle, Hall, Yakupov or Draisatl)
Leafs (kessel, JVR)
St. Louis (Backes, Oshie)
San Jose (any of their skilled forwards if they decide to shake up that roster).
Chicago (Sharp)
Avalanche (O'Reilly or other young forward)
Carolina (Eric Staal if available for the right price)
Columbus (kicking tires based on rychel rumor)

Those are teams i'd be on the phone with seeing what prices are like.

Sounds about right. What about RNH in Edmonton?

Are they moving the guy who was their best player last season... if they are, sure.

Dunno, probably not but I'm not convinced they are moving Hall either and yet you included him.

And Eberle ended up with the most points for them last year.

Rick Kriseman
A @TBLightning jersey for the great mayor of Montreal, @DenisCoderre, to wear next time we have dinner.

CGB1kW6WoAEXVY_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back