• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

It's official. Toronto Maple Leafs hire Mike Babcock.

Gardiner is a big one for me. He's got a lot of talent but looks lost, Babcock could be exactly what a guy like that needs to get his head screwed on straight.

Rielly and Gardiner are Babcock type players, by that I mean puck possession guys that are much needed in his type of system. I think Babcock will be tough on Jake due to the fact he oozes talent but makes a ton of mental errors out there, look for Babcock to work with Jake to help iron out those major kinks.

A little bit of smart sprinkled on a whole lot of stupid in that thread

Once people on the outside realize that we still see the big picture and know he won't turn everything around in a year or two they will get why we are pretty excited

They are building a management team that is hopefully capable of providing one of the best coaches in the game with top end talent.

Awesome press conference. The Leafs finally have a coach that can handle the media.

When that one reporter asked Shanny how can you justify paying a coach that much money and Babcock then took the question himself was amazing.

The Habs board is awesome today. So so sour.

Lots of sourness all over today:

"I don't know if you're Babcock if you want to coach a team where your best players are Nylander, Rielly and Kadri. Eichel would be much better."

Love the jealousy, love the hatred. We are by no means going to have a quick fix, but Babcock has given us something just as important: credibility.

@martybiron43: Where expectations are already sky high, Babcock makes Toronto almost undesirable IMO. Now they'll get booed for losing the opening faceoff.

So Shanny has hired Dubas, Hunter, Babcock, Paliafito, Hofford, and Dubas' nerd squad.

Possibly Burke to be added and Keefe to coach the Marlies. I would imagine we'll see a lot of OHL picks this summer.

Biron was drafted by the Sabres, spent the first nine years of his professional career playing there, and he lives in Buffalo now that he's retired.

I'm guessing that's probably why he's been so butthurt about Babcock spurning the Sabres for Toronto.

I'm trying to imagine Steve Simmons and Dave Feschuk showing up to this very same press conference in Buffalo and asking Babcock if he was a liar who used the Leafs as a foil to up the Sabres' offer.

can't seem to do it.

Babcock on the fan right now. I feel like I could strap on the pads and give him all I've got. Give it a listen

come on someday break down his possession and special teams numbers over his career for me.

Back