• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015 UFA/RFA Talk

How about the pylon in the playoffs, was that not "because of his lower body"?

I suppose he will only gain more lateral mobility & speed over the remaining two years of his contract....

Keep on spinning, spinmaster, especially when it doesn't fit your narrative as usual.

Yes Markov slowed down, but that was from overuse over the course of the year. If Price had played 82 regular season games and started looking tired in the playoffs, would you be proclaiming that he's deteriorating too? Utter nonsense.

There is no problem with Markov if he is a second pairing d-man with #1 PP minutes. He's just come off arguable the second best season of his career, but he sucks, let's replace him with an inferior defenseman who's one knock on the coconut from being done and let's expect improvement.

Yeah, no.

Keep on spinning, spinmaster, especially when it doesn't fit your narrative as usual.

Yes Markov slowed down, but that was from overuse over the course of the year. If Price had played 82 regular season games and started looking tired in the playoffs, would you be proclaiming that he's deteriorating too? Utter nonsense.

There is no problem with Markov if he is a second pairing d-man with #1 PP minutes. He's just come off arguable the second best season of his career, but he sucks, let's replace him with an inferior defenseman who's one knock on the coconut from being done and let's expect improvement.

Yeah, no.
Spin master? I'm honored this coming from "Petry sucks" himself....

lets talk when Markov shits the bed yet again next playoffs, looks even more like a pylon, with another $5.75M cap hit year remaining.

Not close to $4.25M cap hit better, with a rapidly deteriorating lower body, just sayin..

Wait.....

You wanted a guy who had a grand total of 0 Power Play goals (and 2 pp points) in 49 games with Crosby/Malkin, etc.... as the replacement for markov?

And your logic involves the fact that Markov's body is breaking down? And your choice to replace him was Ehrhoff who actually missed 33 games last year due to injuries, where Markov has been healthy three years in a row.

This is craziness.....

If Sal were a Chicago fan, he would be in favour of trading Toews and Kane for a package.

Toews in another 2-yrs at peak value absolutely. All that matters in business in maximizing return on investment, without compromising future success.

Winning while maximizing ROI for assets is possible - its not mutually exclusive.

Holding onto assets past their prime is just asking for trouble - except for Lidstrom and perhaps Mario cant think of any player that maintained peak performance level, yet these "stars" keep getting high cap hit payments past their prime, just sayin...

Last edited:
Toews in another 2-yrs at peak value absolutely. All that matters in business in maximizing return on investment, without compromising future success.

Winning while maximizing ROI for assets is possible - its not mutually exclusive.

Holding onto assets past their prime is just asking for trouble - except for Lidstrom and perhaps Mario cant think of any player that maintained peak performance level, yet these "stars" keep getting high cap hit payments past their prime, just sayin...

The fans of the Philadelphia Phillies agree with that statement 100%.

When you say a "rapidly deteriorating lower body", are we talking about the same player that's missed two games in the last three seasons, none of which were because of his lower body?

Or are we talking about the guy who's had three concussions since April 2014?

Yeah, sounds like one is still producing and the other could be one hit away from early retirement.

Some people only like the numbers that are easy to see... age and height.

But if a fan can see a player is past prime why would a paid guy give up said package?

External pressures, ownership, survival in non-traditional markets etc.

IMHO Jim Nill (for example) would cough up a 1st rounder for Markov. The generals D hockey IQ and veteran presence would benefit HIS team "in the here & now".

i.e. making the playoffs this season

Is that the law in BC?

It is the law according to Count which is the only law that counts.

All kidding aside, if I were to say, IMHO the Penguins would trade us Crosby for the right package, would you say, oh that is a valid opinion?

Last edited:
You need to have a legitimate basis for an opinion.

Preds coughed up a 1st for Cody Franson at trade deadline (non traditional hockey market going for it), over the hill Alexi Zhitnik netted a 1st round (#8 overall pick) when the Thrashers had to "go for it" (make the playoffs), just a couple of examples.

Jim Nill's done a solid job building offensive forwards, his D lacks that top pairing veteran to help some of their young D grow. I could see Nill throw a 1st for his services.

It's all a moot point now, I thought some of the analytics gurus on this board would be wet & hard about an analytic friendly Dman like Ehrhoff, especially at below $2M for 1-yr, guess not...

Back