• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015 UFA/RFA Talk

Toews has only scored 70 or more once and is signed for $10.5m.

Okay, fair, they're probably both equally overpaid. Toews has at least proven that he performs just as well in the playoffs, whereas ROR has yet to make it out of the first round.

RORs contract $1M salary for each of 7-yrs, rest of $ paid out in signing bonuses:

$9M, $7M, $6.5M, $4M bonus for each of last 4-yrs.

$25.5M of salary ($22.5M bonuses) paid out in first 3-yrs of contract

70 million dollars in contracts so far for ROR, a player who puts up numbers like a 2nd line centre. Madness.

Kevin Kurz:
Hearing from reliable source the terms of Joel Ward's deal are a bit lower than what's been reported - it's $3.25M AAV, $9.75M total.

That's not a bad AAV. I would be weary of the third year but I'm guessing that was maybe the deal breaker for a lot of teams

RORs contract $1M salary for each of 7-yrs, rest of $ paid out in signing bonuses:

$9M, $7M, $6.5M, $4M bonus for each of last 4-yrs.

$25.5M of salary ($22.5M bonuses) paid out in first 3-yrs of contract

So how does this salary/ bonus structure work towards the cap ? Is it 7.5 per year ?

So, the Sabres will continue to suck. He is no Toews.

Add ROR , Eichel , Reinhart, Kane to a lineup in one season that's miles better potentially than our putrid top 6 . There is no way this team doesn't make major strides in a few years.

Back