• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Aldo/McGregor in jeopardy?

chaos X effect

Rangers/Wrestling/Fight Board Mod
As of now, featherweight champion Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor is still a go despite Aldo's injured ribs. Frankie Edgar has volunteered to take Aldo's place if offered, as has Chad Mendes. The surprising name in the mix? Nate Diaz. The fight would be at 155 pounds and there is 'mutual interest' from all camps in making that happen if Aldo can't go in 17 days.

Link

Dana White just tweeted out "I told everyone not to worry" and a graphic indicating Aldo vs. McGregor is still on.

Link

I'm happy that it looks like this is still on. I just hope that if it takes place, both guys are healthy enough to go full force.

Some more information...

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo intends to defend his title against Conor McGregor on July 25 despite suffering a bone bruise to his rib cage and cartilage earlier this week.

The UFC released a statement addressing the situation on Wednesday, one day after Brazilian news source Combate reported Aldo (25-1) had suffered a fractured rib while training in Rio de Janeiro.

According to UFC officials, the 28-year-old champion was re-examined on Wednesday. It was determined the injury was not a fractured rib, clearing the way for Aldo to make his eighth title defense against McGregor (17-2) at UFC 189 in Las Vegas.

Link

The UFC announced tonight that Jose Aldo does not have a fractured rib, but has a bone bruise and cartilage damage in his ribs. It is not certain whether his match with Conor McGregor will take place on 7/11.

The company announced that if Aldo can't fight on the show, that the new main event would be McGregor vs. Chad Mendes in a match that would be a five round fight for the interim featherweight title.

Link

Back