• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Semin Waived

Cleanest way to unload him.

So if you are looking at our roster and putting together some sort of lines without removing or adding anyone else:

E. Staal-J. Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask-???
Gerbe-???-Nestrasil
Malone-McClement-Terry

The question is, does the $4.66 million not paid to Semin this year get spent somehow or not?

Cleanest way to unload him.

So if you are looking at our roster and putting together some sort of lines without removing or adding anyone else:

E. Staal-J. Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask-???
Gerbe-???-Nestrasil
Malone-McClement-Terry

The question is, does the $4.66 million not paid to Semin this year get spent somehow or not?

Some of it already has been spent with the acquisition of Wiz.

Lack is about $1.5M more affordable than Khudobin. But Wiz's first year is $5M (followed by a $3M second year).

So, no need to salary dump is the good news.

Our chronic RW hole just got measurably larger.

Hence the placing of a marker on a skilled Finnish RW'er at the draft...but that's for down the road.

Over-slotting Terry or Nestrasil would be about the extent of the org depth we have on the right side right now. Nemisz isn't ready.

And if we're field-promoting Terry/Nestrasil to lines 2 and 3, who's got the fourth? Chad? :sarcasm

Count me as pleasantly surprised, delighted, thrilled, overjoyed and downright giddy! I did not think this franchise or owner would permit this move!

Now I really believe we're turning a corner in this organization and some new shoes are in evidence in the front office!

Last edited:
Our chronic RW hole just got measurably larger.

Hence the placing of a marker on a skilled Finnish RW'er at the draft...but that's for down the road.

I know a free agent right wing who won the Conn Smythe a year ago who would fit in just fine for the next two or three years!

My brain keeps seeing Khrushchev waiving bye bye as he leaves us in his dust.

It is going to be interesting to see where Semin winds up. I'm hopeful that he will return to Russia never to be heard from again. Even though players are bought out rarely become great after their buyout, I can certainly envision Semin killing us with that wrist shot again every time he plays against us like he did with the Caps.

He might never be a 20 goal guy again in the NHL and might be out of the league after more bad season playing on a 1 year deal, but I guarentee you he will stick it to us at least once no matter what.

So much talent, easily the most talented player I've ever seen in a Canes sweater. But using that talent 15% of the time isn't good enough.

Add me to the holy crap group as I didn't think this would happen. Glad it did and a good sign for the future. That said, expect some team to grab Semin this year on a bargain contract and he will put up 20+ goals.

Add me to the holy crap group as I didn't think this would happen. Glad it did and a good sign for the future. That said, expect some team to grab Semin this year on a bargain contract and he will put up 20+ goals.

I think that can be expected, but it 20+ goals won't happen in consecutive years unless he's on an annual contract.

I'm wondering what time the parade around the arena starts? This is some GREAT news. Middle finger to JR for signing him to a stupid contract for starters.

He wasn't producing a full salary, why not take the hit and cut your losses? Beauty!

Jim

Back