• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Movies and Television

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2015 Offseason

I agree that it sucks but better now than in the missile of the season. Also Max is the freaking wolverine, he will be there for training camp. He heals really fast from past injuries.

Who's to say he can't also get injured during the season? Is there some sort of league-mandated limit on the number of knee injuries a player can have in a given year?

Reminds me of when Houle used to say that the team would be fine for the playoffs when they got their injured players back as if injuries heal themselves on a timetable based on the NHL schedule.

Fact is, once you screw up your knees they never fully recover, even if you retire from playing that very day. If you keep playing it's only a matter of time before you re-injure it.

You come to this board for entertainment and decent Habs talk, not intellectual stimulation. That's the only approach that has allowed me to stick it out here for about a decade.

Last edited:

Not excited about ant man?

Not even remotely. I haven't been excited for any of the superhero movies that have come out the last decade, minus the Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. The rest can kick dirt.

Not even remotely. I haven't been excited for any of the superhero movies that have come out the last decade, minus the Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy. The rest can kick dirt.

Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing.
So was Captain America Winter Soldier and both Avengers movies.
Iron Mans have been solid.
Call me crazy but i liked Amazing Spiderman. Part 2, not so much.
Tobey Maguire Spiderman 1+2 were solid. Part 3 was a train wreck.

Thor ... meh on both (not bad not great). First captain america (meh).
Superman sucked

Batman trilogy was really good.

Any I'm missing?

Debating the merits of one disposable superhero movie relative to another is like arguing over whether Parenteau sucks more than Briere did. They're both awful. Most summer movies are good for one thing: they get you out of the heat and into an air conditioned theatre for a couple of hours. Other than that they're just a lot of explosions and clanging metal. Dialogue and nuance are kept to a minimum so that it's easier to dub the movie in Mandarin and Cantonese for the Asian market where the big money is. Movies aimed at adults who have either outgrown or were never afflicted with a comic book...err, sorry, "graphic novel" fetish don't hit the screen until fall.

If you cant just suspend dosbelief sit back and enjoy for 2-3 hours because its not serious enough, i feel sorry for your friends... you must be a real joy at parties and other social situations.

There is a time and a place for a blockbuster and a time and a place for an intellectual film. It doesnt make you less of an adult to enjoy both.

Last edited:

The first Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie was okay, didn't have any interest in watching the 2nd or 3rd one.

Rest of them don't even remotely interest me.

Guardians of the Galaxy was amazing.
So was Captain America Winter Soldier and both Avengers movies.
Iron Mans have been solid.
Call me crazy but i liked Amazing Spiderman. Part 2, not so much.
Tobey Maguire Spiderman 1+2 were solid. Part 3 was a train wreck.

Thor ... meh on both (not bad not great). First captain america (meh).
Superman sucked

Batman trilogy was really good.

Any I'm missing?

Green Lantern was brutal. Agree with you on the Avengers movies being good. Have enjoyed the X-Men series as well.

It's funny because if it wasn't for a buddy of mine who happens to be a huge movie junkie wanting to go see a movie on the afternoon of his birthday, I'm not sure I ever would have gone to see the Batman movies either.

The new Mad Max, I enjoyed. Haven't seen a comic book flic in a couple of years.

Yeah, I saw Mad Max because of him & I don't regret it. Two hours of fun.

Green Lantern was brutal. Agree with you on the Avengers movies being good. Have enjoyed the X-Men series as well.
I didnt see green lantern. My brother and a bunch of buddies all told me it sucked so i didnt botherm

Xmen have been hit and miss.

First two good. Part 3 awful. Wolverine origins awful. The wolverine good. First class very good. Days of future past excellent.

Back