• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Alexander Semin to one-year, $1.1M deal

Yeah, didn't like the Gallagher+Beaulieu+pick package for Skinner that was mentioned in these parts. In of itself, it might be a "fair trade", but the Habs just can't give up that many legit NHL roster players. Especially a young D.

I'm getting a little tired of the Habs shopping at the Goodwill store looking for bargains.

maybe he surprises maybe he doesn't. That's the plan.

I'm not tired at all, have wanted the Habs to emulate the Expos for a long time, now if they can only emulate the success rate of these bargain basement acquisitions....

Bargain basement shopping success is a must with a hard cap.

I love the signing. I never liked Semin when he was collecting big dollars but for $1.1M that is easy to eat if Semin is a bust.

There is more potential for Semin to score than Kassian and I would not be at all surprised if Kassian gets in MT's bad books before Alex does.

Semin has had some impressive seasons....granted it was with ovechkin but at least there's potential and can't be worse than the Parebteau or Weise option in the top six

That's what happens when the only assets that any other teams want are the one's you can't part with.

That's why its important to have young guys come in the NHL from the farm system and establish themselves as NHLers wherever in the lineup....they become barganing chips in trades.

Teams want young NHL ready players...they're the most attractive assets, would it have hurt to keep Andrighetto with the big team the reast if the year when he got called up innitially?

Maybe he goes on to score 15 goals and turns some heads and can be a bargaining chip

Same can be said for Tinordi?

I'm not tired at all, have wanted the Habs to emulate the Expos for a long time, now if they can only emulate the success rate of these bargain basement acquisitions....

Bargain basement shopping success is a must with a hard cap.

agreed as long as we dont ink him long term if he has a good season , this move is solid

That's why its important to have young guys come in the NHL from the farm system and establish themselves as NHLers wherever in the lineup....they become barganing chips in trades.

Teams want young NHL ready players...they're the most attractive assets, would it have hurt to keep Andrighetto with the big team the reast if the year when he got called up innitially?

Maybe he goes on to score 15 goals and turns some heads and can be a bargaining chip

Same can be said for Tinordi?

bang on we dont have many kids ready to contribute , unlike the Wings who had to bring up 1/2 their farm system .

Good....now put Chuckie at center and have these two enjoy themselves.

Pleks, Eller, and JDL can worry about defensive awareness....

Good deal for Habs, i rather take a risk on talented player than 3rd and 4th liner with reasonable price.He will score around 20 goals play him with Max and DD.

The move that would make me happiest above any acquisition MB makes at this point woukd be to tell MT to play AG at center once and for all.

And eventually move DD

Yeah, didn't like the Gallagher+Beaulieu+pick package for Skinner that was mentioned in these parts. In of itself, it might be a "fair trade", but the Habs just can't give up that many legit NHL roster players. Especially a young D.

Yep. Waaaay too much...

I HATE this signing.
It reeks of desperation. Confirms that MB wanted badly to add T-6 talent and FAILED.
What are we building with Semin and Kassian? We're taking on projects and hoping to salvage a players career?

Is that what this org is about? Go to Montreal if everyone else has given up on you. Salvage your career and then find yourself another team.

MB is a cheap bastard who should be GM of the Preds or the Jets, not the HABS.
Besides I thought we had all these great young prospects that we'd be giving a chance? Whatever.

Last edited:
Back