• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Alex Galchenyuk to two-year, $5.6M deal

Good deal. I'd really like to see Bergevin dump some salary before October to have some flex during the regular season.

Everyone is signed... and a good 3 million in cap space to play with. Wonder if we have some trades in our future, we can take on some money.

Everyone is signed... and a good 3 million in cap space to play with. Wonder if we have some trades in our future, we can take on some money.

I think so. Too many D men.....

If we could get someone to take on Emelin or Gilbert, we could go after a big fish

If we can somehow get another winger somewhere in a trade, we would look lethal going into next season....

Yeah I understood but I don't think we will be "lethal" absent an elite top 6 wing, which ain't happening. Semin is about it.

Was noted $2.6m now left.
With 47 contracts now and all Habs signed, will they now add a good vet or two to Icecaps?

Jonathan Bernier
Galchenyuk:"Un contrat de transition était mon idée. J'en ai parlé à Pat Brisson avant le début des négociations, il était d'accord."

If a signing or lack of signing for your sports team "causes stress" you're clearly living a pretty privileged life.

I'm not. But some people on the net can't. Just check every post the Habs did on Facebook prior to the signing. Thousands of fans requesting MB to "hurry up" and sign Galchenyuk.

just enough to grab a big contract player at the deadline

I'm not. But some people on the net can't. Just check every post the Habs did on Facebook prior to the signing. Thousands of fans requesting MB to "hurry up" and sign Galchenyuk.

I never lose sleep over players who have no options other than holding out. It was a fear I had when Bergevin was trying to grind Subban because I felt that Subban was a generational talent who should just be accorded the respect that any white generational talent would get. But Galchenyuk, as good as he is and will (hopefully) be, is not in that class. For him to hold out or to reject a fair offer on a bridge deal would be absurd. He hasn't done enough for anyone to think that he's good enough to circumvent it.

Back