• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016 NHL Entry Draft

A kos was very talented. He did what he did on pure talent.

He also had zero hockey sense.

Hockey sense isnt an issue... jost is a smart player.

I would take him at no. 9 based on what I've read, unless that d-man from Finland is till there, which seems impossible.

I would take him at no. 9 based on what I've read, unless that d-man from Finland is till there, which seems impossible.
I wouldn't even waste my time trying to develop a not close to guaranteed prospect given the Habs current makeup, and just package that pick for a Carter/Richards type deal. The Habs need an already developed offensive young vet, in the here & now. Pierre Lebrun again said he's hearing from teams young offensive talents will be changing teams this summer.

McLeod hasn't done anything to make me want to pick him at 9, that's for sure.

Jost, however... man. What a player.

So Tyson Jost

3g 2a today

Now has 14 points in 5 games.

Ties Connor McDavid record for most points by a Canadian at the U18.

Still has two games left.

I am still frustrated about Habs last win, we could pick at 7th instead of 9th and that could possibly make HUGE difference.

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to develop a not close to guaranteed prospect given the Habs current makeup, and just package that pick for a Carter/Richards type deal. The Habs need an already developed offensive young vet, in the here & now. Pierre Lebrun again said he's hearing from teams young offensive talents will be changing teams this summer.

Not a chance we need the kids to take over from the vets one day . Unless Pitt unloads Sid for 9th pick forget it.

If these young guns like Duchesne and others are on the block , we don't have the assets to pull it off.

I think he is there for us at 9 if we stay there. Shergashev and Fabbro are my picks that move into the top 9 .

It would be cool if we took Fabbro as he played at the club my son plays at, but wouldn't it be a big stretch to take him at 9?

Credit to GG for Jost, he has good eye on prospect, he was first one who mentioned how good this guy is before he starts having a great tournament, now apparently every one in media wants him(if he is available at 9th of course)

So lets put it this way:

What is your prefernce top 3 picks if we draft at 9th?

Matthews, Laine and Pujjalrvi (sp?), in that order.

Your question requires us to do multiple iterations of the draft, picks 3-8, to be able to answer it properly. Too much work on a Friday aft. Sorry.

Last edited:
Matthews, Laine and Pujjalrvi (sp?), in that order.

Your question requires us to do multiple iterations of the draft, picks 3-8, to be able to answer it properly. Too much work on a Friday aft. Sorry.

I mean if we stand as 9th of course.

Back