• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015-16 Premier League Thread

Everton 6-2 Sunderland

Well that's was an enjoyable watch this afternoon :)

I went to breakfast at 2-0. My daughter texted me and asked if I was watching so I checked the score. Deulofeu better watch himself though, getting booked for simulation. He had a couple last week that didn't get called but if he gets that reputation, it's hard to shake.

French broadcaster Canal + is reporting that former Lyon manager and current Canal + analyst Remi Garde will be named manager at Aston Villa.

http://www.espnfc.us/aston-villa/story/2693855/remi-garde-looks-set-to-be-aston-villas-next-manager

Yeah ... not sure how to feel about that one. No Prem experience and you're in dire, dire straights in the table. On the other hand, this is a guy whose style probably more matches the guy they brought in to handle transfers and scouting last year. Most of the new guys that haven't fit in at all (Veretout, Amavi, Geuye, Ayew) came from France and have looked lost at sea ... despite it being pretty obvious they are quality players. Likewise Spaniard Charles Gil has never found a Villa manager with any room for his skills. Maybe a bit of Gallic leadership will do the trick ... says the guy who remembers Gerard Houllier almost dying on the touch line a few years ago.

Whatever. At this point it will either work of it won't.

To put the wraps on the Sherwood era at Villa, they fittingly dropped their 7th in a row to Spurs by a 3-1 count. Managing to leak a goal to Dembele 3 minutes in should give Garde an accurate read on what he's got to work with ... which is not much. Interesting that MacDonald pretty much went back to the old hands for his starting eleven today, relegating Ayew and Amavi to the subs bench in favor of guys who have done absolutely nothing this season. It was a bit of an eff you to the new guy if you ask me. Heck, Agbonlihor has looked like yesterday's breakfast all season and didn't even manage to make it past the half time break. The point in starting him was what exactly?

So over the last couple of weeks, he's been fined £90,000. A pittance compared to his £13,200,000 salary. It's 0.6%.

So over the last couple of weeks, he's been fined £90,000. A pittance compared to his £13,200,000 salary. It's 0.6%.

The fine structure in the EPL is almost as pitifully out of date as the one in the NFL.

Matchday 12 and then an international break for the Euro 2016 playoffs next week.

Saturday:
Bournemouth v. Newcastle 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Man U v. West Brom 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
West Ham v. Everton USA Network
Leicester v. Watford
Norwich v. Swansea
Sunderland v. Southampton
Stoke v. Chelsea 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Aston Villa v. Man City 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
Arsenal v. Spurs 11:00/16:00 NBCSN
Liverpool v. Crystal Palace

Jonathan Moss's comments on what got Jose his stadium ban

_86559588_1joesesecondedit.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34752317

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Newcastle
Leicester 2 - 1 Watford
Man Utd 2 - 0 West Brom
Norwich 1 - 0 Swansea
Sunderland 0 - 1 Southampton
West Ham 1 - 1 Everton

Man city 0 - 0 Aston villa

First time villa have appeared to have a pulse in a while. A welcome start to a new era. A point here is great, but it's going to be about getting wins against the weaker teams like Newcastle and Chelsea.

Back