• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015-16 Premier League Thread

Man U 3-1 Bournemouth

Man U needed to win by 19 goals to overtake Man City for 4th place.

Man City - Champions League Playoff Round
Man U - Europa League Group Stage
Southampton - Europa League 3rd qualifying round. If Man U win the FA Cup, Southampton are in the Group Stage
West Ham - If Man U win the FA Cup, they get a spot in the 3rd qualifying round. If Crystal Palace win the FA Cup, they're out
Crystal Palace - Europa League Group Stage if they win the FA Cup
Liverpool - Champions League Group Stage if they win the Europa League final. No European soccer if they lose to Sevilla

Lerner has lost just a staggering amount of money on Villa and then to get relegated and sell it for significantly less than he bought it for a decade ago is crazy.

Lerner has lost just a staggering amount of money on Villa and then to get relegated and sell it for significantly less than he bought it for a decade ago is crazy.

He paid £62.6 million in 2006 ($91.4 million in today's dollars) and spent another £200 million ($292 million) since. Remind me not to get investment advice from him.

Everybody seems to be going strong on the Mourinho story now. Both the BBC and Sky have it as basically a done deal.

Everybody seems to be going strong on the Mourinho story now. Both the BBC and Sky have it as basically a done deal.

Must have been an interesting post match conversation with Ed Woodward. "Congratulations, thanks for the trophy. You're fired."

Must have been an interesting post match conversation with Ed Woodward. "Congratulations, thanks for the trophy. You're fired."

LvG had to be about 90% sure it was coming. Know he was blustering with the press but I think he had to do that with the Cup Final coming up.

Putting a bow on the season, the Premier League released the official prize money earlier today. Despite winning the league, Leicester only made the 5th most money, due to fewer games shown live on BT or Sky. Arsenal had the most TV appearances and got the most money, £100.9 million, almost £4 million more than Man City. Aston Villa got the least at £66.6 million.

There are 5 components to the prize fund; Merit money (£1.2 million for each place in the table), equal shares of domestic and overseas TV and league sponsorship money (£55.8 million each) and facility fees for the number of times the club was on live TV (a high of £21.5 million for Arsenal to a low of £8.8 million for Stoke, Swansea, Watford, West Brom, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth and Norwich). The payouts also include parachute payments to 10 relegated clubs who haven't made it back to the Premier League. Those range from about £26 million for last year's clubs to £10.5 million to clubs that have been down for a few years.

With the new domestic and international TV deals kicking in next year, the bottom club will make about as much as Arsenal did this year. Unfortunately for Norwich, Newcastle and Aston Villa, this was not the year to be relegated. But Burnley, Middlesbrough and either Sheffield Wednesday or Hull will make a windfall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...le-club-make-100m-Aston-Villa-pocket-66m.html

With a shot at the Cahmpionship for the first time in 50+ years, Spurs only got 2 of their last 12 points. With everything to play for, they gagged, choking up leads in 3 of the last 4, including twice at home.

I started getting that sick feeling when the Spurs blew a 2-1 lead and a man up against Arsenal. I didn't even watch the last four - especially once Alli got suspended.

That clod Lerner managed to do pretty much the same with the NFL's Browns and it's all but impossible to lose money in the NFL. He's a buffoon.

Oh ... and our new owner, should he actually get approved, seems like a completely prototypical shady Chinese busnessman. Long on ambition, short on accurate answers to questions from reporters. His business in China is primarily noted for being the world's largest supplier of MSG ... which of course will kill you and thus is a stagnant business at best. His claims of involvement in various high profile infrastructure projects in China were proven false within hours. Yet another clown, it would appear.

Note for the room after visiting the Emirates on relegation Sunday. Despite Villa's mostly pitiful resistance to the Arsenal attack, we had an absolute blast. I have NEVER been in such a top class and immaculately clean sporting venue as the Emirates. That place is remarkable ... beautiful, well designed, super well staffed, easy tub access ... just top class in every single way. The Gooners we sat with were relatively nice to us, especially as their mood was lifted by news of the Spurs score that started to filter through by word of mouth. Arsene apparently instructed the scoreboard operators to avoid posting that one with the rest of the out of town scores. Chants of "they did it again, they did it again ... Tottenham Hotspur ... they did it again" and various more obscene versions overtook the last quarter hour of the game and the entirety of the walk back to the tube station.

I paid a bloody fortune for those tickets. It was worth every penny.

PS ... my son has joined me in seeking temporary haven with Everton while the Villa are adrift.

Hull City 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday

After 1 year down, Hull are back in the Premier League.

Back