• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015-16 Premier League Thread

Chelsea 1-1 Man U

Both keepers were at the top of their games, Courtois with 6 saves, DeGea with 4, few of them routine. Zouma left in the 59th with a gruesome looking ankle injury after landing awkwardly.

Eh, there's only two of us and we're pretty resigned to our fate. I for one am living vicariously through Leicester City's success via life long Villa supporter Super Marc Albrighton.

Yup. We're vocal and frustrated but we both know we're going down ... so fire away with the Spurs love. They've actually been fun to watch this season, and not just to wait and see how they'd fall apart this time.

Matchday 26 before a weekend off for the FA Cup 5th round proper.

Saturday:
Sunderland v. Man U 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Everton v. West Brom 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Norwich v. West Ham USA Network
Crystal Palace v. Watford
Bournemouth v. Stoke
Swansea v. Southampton
Chelsea v. Newcastle 12:30/17:30 NBCSN

Sunday:
Arsenal v. Leicester 7:00/12:00 NBCSN
Aston Villa v. Liverpool 9:05/14:05 NBCSN
Man City v. Spurs 11:15/16:15 NBCSN

Sunderland 2-1 Man U
Bournemouth 1-3 Stoke
Crystal Palace 1-2 Watford
Everton 0-1 West Brom
Norwich 2-2 West Ham
Swansea 0-1 Southampton
Chelsea 5-1 Newcastle

Man U continue to tread water. They have 2 Europa League matches and a FA Cup tie before their next league game against Arsenal on 2/28. A loss or draw in that one could see them jumped by Southampton and West Ham and dropped to 7th. Sunderland remain 19th but move within 1 point of climbing out. Chelsea pass Crystal Palace and move into 12th.

Wretched end to LC-Arsenal. And Martin Atkinson... ugh. I was really surprised that match didn't get out of control.

Wretched end to LC-Arsenal. And Martin Atkinson... ugh. I was really surprised that match didn't get out of control.

I loved it. Danny Welbeck at the death off an Özil free kick. And they dominated play all day, it was a deserved result.

Arsenal 2-1 Leicester
Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool
Man City 1-2 Spurs

So Leicester stay top, but only 2 points ahead of Spurs and Arsenal. Man City are another 4 back. But Leicester get next weekend off and aren't playing in Europe. Spurs travel to Florence for the Europa League then have Crystal Palace in the FA Cup. Arsenal have Hull next weekend then host Barcelona in the Champions League. Man City go to Stamford Bridge for the FA Cup then go to Kiev for the UCL.

Last edited:
Match week 27. Everton and Newcastle get the weekend off because Liverpool and Man City are playing in the Capital One Cup final on Sunday. Unfortunately, that probably means the Merseyside Derby will be played on a weeknight.

Saturday:
West Ham v. Sunderland 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Leicester v. Norwich 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Southampton v. Chelsea
Stoke v. Aston Villa
Watford v. Bournemouth
West Brom v. Crystal Palace 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Man U v. Arsenal 9:05/14:05 NBCSN
Spurs v. Swansea

West Ham 1 - 0 Sunderland
Leicester 1 - 0 Norwich
Southampton 1 - 2 Chelsea
Stoke 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Watford 0 - 0 Bournemouth

Leicester with a late late goal to take 3 points today.

Man U 3-2 Arsenal
Spurs 2-1 Swansea

Spurs in 2nd alone, 2 points behind Leicester. Arsenal fall 5 back, Man City another 4 back in 4th. Man U move back ahead of West Ham into 5th. Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa still sit in the drop zone.

More midweek matches for match day 28

Tuesday:
Leicester v. West Brom 2:45/19:45 NBCSN
Aston Villa v. Everton
Bournemouth v. Southampton
Norwich v. Chelsea
Sunderland v. Crystal Palace

Wednesday:
Arsenal v. Swansea 2:45/19:45
Stoke v. Newcastle
West Ham v. Spurs
Liverpool v. Man City 3:00/20:00 NBCSN
Man U v. Watford

Bournemouth 2-0 Southampton
Aston Villa 1-3 Everton
Leicester 2-2 West Brom
Norwich 1-2 Chelsea
Sunderland 2-2 Crystal Palace

A Spurs win on Wednesday moves them top on goal differential.

Back