• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

Sure....they are the ones pouring most of the money into this, they deserve the vast share of the matches.

Also, US stadiums are much better equipped for big games than Can-Mex (with exception of Aztec Stadium).

I really wouldn't pay to see matches like Saudi vs Russia.....but then again I pay to see games like Habs vs Coyotes

Sure....they are the ones pouring most of the money into this, they deserve the vast share of the matches.

Also, US stadiums are much better equipped for big games than Can-Mex (with exception of Aztec Stadium).

I really wouldn't pay to see matches like Saudi vs Russia.....but then again I pay to see games like Habs vs Coyotes

Agreed , I think most of the facilities are probably in place already in the USA with hotels and lodging for players in surrounding areas .

i am personally fine with it but im not sure there is some great economic benefit that out weighs the risk

schools, roads, etc

$200 million is nothing these days, sad as that might be.

Furthermore, the money never gets to those issues, and it is the nice cop out from the NDP when it never wants anyone to have a cool celebration. NDP was against Expo86, was against the Winter Olympics and is against the World Cup. The former two put Vancouver on the map.

The NDP will probably waste that much money on some truth and reconciliation symposium or on its lawsuit against the federal government over a pipeline.

The NDP doesn't recognize the benefits to youth when these kind of events come to town. It inspires youth to work hard, stay active etc. The facilities built can and often are lasting legacies that cannot be quantified.

Anyway, Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto can enjoy the games while we watch on tv. I bet they figure out a way for Canada to play in all three cities.

They also don't recognize the benefits of

vancouver just had the winter games
the map is fine

benefits for youth soccer (assuming there are any - see London games) will probably happen with it being in canada anyway

Back