• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

I drew Belgium in our office pool , thoughts on winning it all ?

Well ... this certainly isn't the last version of Belgium we saw in the World Cup or the Euros. I think Roberto Martinez has proven to be a good fit with all those skilled midfielders, and he always had a productive working relationship with Lukaku. If they keep focus and stay engaged in their team game, they're in the top level in terms of talent and they've got guys who are proven big match winners. You could have done a LOT worse.

Of course, I'm rooting for them to lose because Martinez is on the short list for the US Mens job and I'd love to see that happen. If they win or even make the semis, he's not going anywhere. But that's me being selfish.

Well ... this certainly isn't the last version of Belgium we saw in the World Cup or the Euros. I think Roberto Martinez has proven to be a good fit with all those skilled midfielders, and he always had a productive working relationship with Lukaku. If they keep focus and stay engaged in their team game, they're in the top level in terms of talent and they've got guys who are proven big match winners. You could have done a LOT worse.

Of course, I'm rooting for them to lose because Martinez is on the short list for the US Mens job and I'd love to see that happen. If they win or even make the semis, he's not going anywhere. But that's me being selfish.

:thumbsup(22): thanks

Low fcuked it up with his selection and paid the price. Taking some dinosaur such as Gomez and crossing Sane and few others. Germans need a change.

I am proud of Iran NT. Players fought with their heart and despite being in a tough group, we came a bit short of our historic qualification. The core of this team is still young. We have a good coach and lots of young talents which hopefully with such a performance in WC, it opens more doors and transfer to Europe for them. If it wasn't for sanction shit and stuffs like this, they could have better prepration and freindlies against stronger sides.

it appears after you in the WC you suck at the next one

at least according to twitter

france wins, out in group stage
italy wins, out in group stage
etc

Interesting to see what happens in the England/Belgium match since it's decidedly in the best interests of both teams to lose this one and finish second in the Group. 2nd puts you in by FAR the easier bracket in the knockout rounds.

Interesting to see what happens in the England/Belgium match since it's decidedly in the best interests of both teams to lose this one and finish second in the Group. 2nd puts you in by FAR the easier bracket in the knockout rounds.
Like the Habs 2 years ago when if they had finished 2nd in the Atlantic they could have faced a 95 point boston in the first round as opposed to getting the 102 point New York Rangers for finishing first.

Back