• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

Not the WC result, at least not yet. Medicore team in level of allowing goals in WC. 8-0 against Germany in 2002, 3-0 against Ireland same year. 4-0 against France in 98. 4-0 against Ukraine in 2006(i guess?).
We are talking about Russia, a team that we tied few months a go in freindly match.

Canada didn't play Russia nor did the USA, so who is "we"?

Egypt is much much better side. Won't be surprised if they advance from this group. Not a tough group though.

This group is weaker than water. Nobody should draw any conclusions from the Russians kicking the mess out of a truly terrible team today. Egypt is decent and Uruguay is in a down cycle, but they're still decent as well. The Saudis? Ugh.

Totally agree with you. Uruguayis declining as you said and Egypt is so unpredictable.
This group is weaker than water. Nobody should draw any conclusions from the Russians kicking the mess out of a truly terrible team today. Egypt is decent and Uruguay is in a down cycle, but they're still decent as well. The Saudis? Ugh.

Not the WC result, at least not yet. Medicore team in level of allowing goals in WC. 8-0 against Germany in 2002, 3-0 against Ireland same year. 4-0 against France in 98. 4-0 against Ukraine in 2006(i guess?).
We are talking about Russia, a team that we tied few months a go in freindly match.

Ya I have to admit I'm surprised ...dont the Saudis try to recruit a lot of African Muslim players to bolster their team?

That is Qatar. They do that with pretty much everyone. Every second rated player from all over the world lol
The back Africans who plays for Saudi are the generation of slaves who were brought to Saudi from Africa long time a go. So no they are from Saudi.
Ya I have to admit I'm surprised ...dont the Saudis try to recruit a lot of African Muslim players to bolster their team?

Saudi sucks but think about 2026 when 48 teams are allowed in. Half the games will be complete bullshit.

Saudi sucks but think about 2026 when 48 teams are allowed in. Half the games will be complete bullshit.

Sure, but for how long?

A generation or two of consistently making the WC will lead to some nations wanting to improve their soccer programs.

There would be a lot more pressure if Canada made it every 4 years and did badly than if they never make it at all.

Neither Egypt nor Uruguay looked particularly impressive.

I'll give Egypt a pass because they didn't play Salah, who I guess is still hurt.

Neither Egypt nor Uruguay looked particularly impressive.

I'll give Egypt a pass because they didn't play Salah, who I guess is still hurt.

Uruguay is the Italy of South America, bland soccer to put you asleep until that one scoring chance arises while you were napping.

Oh dear, what a mistake by the Moroccan player. He can't go home now. Death is certain.

Woof. That one's gonna leave a mark. Especially coming that late. Hopefully Portugal and Spain will raise the level of proceedings here in a little while. I'm not holding my breath tough. Most of the time the two clear powerhouses of a World Cup group meet in the first game, it's one of those overly cautious 0-0, 1-1 kind of deals.

Back