• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

Quick assessment of top 4 at present:

Germany: hard to to repeat, even with conveyor belt of talent
Brazil: focused on vengeance - they look awesome
Spain: sly crocodile in the weeds, watch out
France: need team of crack sports psychologists stat

I think it is between Brazil and Germany. Obviously luck and draw has to do a lot with it.

btw, I seriously can't believe how Dutch football choking. What happened to them? When was the last time they produced world class player?

Nah. Europe has enough. I would rather get a few more teams from around the world into the WC than the 14th or 15th best team in Europe.

I understand your argument, but I don't think that's point. I agree with Altair, it's the World Cup. If ya wanna watch the top 16 in Europe, wait for the Euro.

I know what you mean, other than Europe i think South American teams are tough to beat i mean look at teams which missing it this time: Chile, Paraguay, Ecuador can cause headaches for any team in WC. Specially Chile.

I think the allocation is fine as it is now.

3 teams from CONCACAF isn't the end of the world, even in the bad years. And if the Ozzies botch it against Honduras, then it's even harder to criticize.

Maybe Africa should get a sixth spot, they'd have to get rid of a couple of those .5 spots. Maybe fold Oceania into Asia and chop the .5 off Asia. Let COMENBOL and CONCACAF battle over the last entry.
Africa has not had more success getting out of the knockout stages than concacaf since France 98.

Twenty years without getting more teams to advance.

Why do they deserve another spot before other feds?

Predication?

22528522_1966648283351009_6762466083448674636_n.png

Swiss, Croatia, Rep of Ireland(this one is tough and can go either way) and Italy.

I hope Croatia qualifies, and they should. Italy needs a period of self-reflection, maybe missing the WC wouldn't be the worst thing for them.

Northern Ireland is a tough little nut, might be tough for the Swiss.

I hope Croatia qualifies, and they should. Italy needs a period of self-reflection, maybe missing the WC wouldn't be the worst thing for them.

Northern Ireland is a tough little nut, might be tough for the Swiss.

Just can't see that happening...too much $$$ involved in having Italy present at the WC. FIFA will find a way...it won't be pretty, but they will qualify.

Just can't see that happening...too much $$$ involved in having Italy present at the WC. FIFA will find a way...it won't be pretty, but they will qualify.

Holland missed it twice in row and nothing happened. One of the biggest football nations.

If they are lucky they'll draw Russia from pot 1. Otherwise, they could wind up in a nasty group and get turfed in the first round.

Again.

Habsy doesn't even know how many players there is in each football team line-up lol.
53 players on an NFL roster. 11 on the field at one time. But of course you didn't know that.

If you're referring to soccer, it's a pussy sport. 11 players on the field as well.

Back