• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

Congrats to France. Still not sure how they managed to turn that game into a blowout, but they got the tactics right enough and were MUCH more opportunistic with their chances. Kudos.

Congrats to France. Still not sure how they managed to turn that game into a blowout, but they got the tactics right enough and were MUCH more opportunistic with their chances. Kudos.

I guess having major possession in a soccer game doesn't mean much if you can't take advantage of your chances

Exactamundo.

1. Varane and Umtiti as CDs.
2. Pogba and Kanté right in front of them.
3. A track team up front, with a big target man to hold up the ball and distribute.

How is this not an obvious counterattacking set up? The criticism of Deschamps baffles.

How many Africans are on France anyway?

Just noticed this.

3 ways to answer it really.

1) 2 guys were born outside of mainland France, one in Cameroon, the other in guadeloupe, which is still part of France. So how many Africans? 1.

2)If you are talking about of African descent, AKA, black, a smaller percentage than the US national basketball team

3) Enough to win the world cup.

Exactamundo.

1. Varane and Umtiti as CDs.
2. Pogba and Kanté right in front of them.
3. A track team up front, with a big target man to hold up the ball and distribute.

How is this not an obvious counterattacking set up? The criticism of Deschamps baffles.
Giroud didn't score but he occupied two guys all the time.

How many Africans are on France anyway?

This question always amuses me. Partly because it's so bloody rare that African teams win anything meaningful outside of Africa. I mean, if African players are what make the difference for France, then you'd think ... say Nigeria would dominate all day every day. Big, developed, relatively wealthy, fairly modern country like that. Maybe what they need is some Frenchmen :0)

BTW ... no shots fired at Habsy because he's hardly the only one wondering.

This question always amuses me. Partly because it's so bloody rare that African teams win anything meaningful outside of Africa. I mean, if African players are what make the difference for France, then you'd think ... say Nigeria would dominate all day every day. Big, developed, relatively wealthy, fairly modern country like that. Maybe what they need is some Frenchmen :0)

BTW ... no shots fired at Habsy because he's hardly the only one wondering.

I am more amazed at India how they have a billion people and arent a factor in most major sports

Just noticed this.

3 ways to answer it really.

1) 2 guys were born outside of mainland France, one in Cameroon, the other in guadeloupe, which is still part of France. So how many Africans? 1.

2)If you are talking about of African descent, AKA, black, a smaller percentage than the US national basketball team

3) Enough to win the world cup.
Preach it brother.

Back