• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

One of the better overall WC's I have seen in many years

Twists and turns and drama and crushed dreams, upstarts and fallen giants, the gap between the best and the worst narrowing, yes, by god, it has.

If only Hockey provided this sort of international excitement.

Belgium players were such sore losers :lol

Anyhow, Croatia deserved to make the final. Hopefully, the French don't underestimate them as the Brits did! :couch

I'm not sure how England underestimated Croatia. They just got beat by a more veteran team that executed their plan better. Even on paper that English team isn't technically better than Croatia.

England 2nd younest team of tournament
So the experience of Croatian golden generation made the difference.
Modric.. what a player.... Remind me of legendary Cryuff, lookwise and his game.

Belgium players were such sore losers [emoji38]

Anyhow, Croatia deserved to make the final. Hopefully, the French don't underestimate them as the Brits did! :couch
Belgium was probably in final if they were the other side of bracket.

England 2nd younest team of tournament
So the experience of Croatian golden generation made the difference.
Modric.. what a player.... Remind me of legendary Cryuff, lookwise and his game.

Thus far Modric and Rakatic have dominated the midfield in every game Croatia have played aside from that last group stage game when they took their foot off the gas too much. In today's game, that quality in midfield is generally the difference between winning and losing and they're two of the best all purpose mids in the world. That makes a HUGE difference.

Thus far Modric and Rakatic have dominated the midfield in every game Croatia have played aside from that last group stage game when they took their foot off the gas too much. In today's game, that quality in midfield is generally the difference between winning and losing and they're two of the best all purpose mids in the world. That makes a HUGE difference.

True, but Modric is the general in midfielder. So underrated, The guy is gold. He was amazing for Real also. Rakitic is also very good.

Modric has been in that class since he was at Tottenham, but plays such a low key game that not many seem to notice. I still contend that you can scheme around one dominant player in the midfield, but when you add Rakitic to the mix ... good night, nurse.

Back