• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Soccer Thread

I was watching some of the FIFA under 20 WC and while the play was not that good I have to say the Final between England and Venezuela was very entertaining.

Germany brought a totally B squad in Confed Cup, useless tournament, FIFA investigating to keep it or eliminate it eventually.

It's meant to test stadia, security and logistics prior to a WC. No one cares.

I'll bet even the Russian hooligans are sitting it out.

Talking about World Cup, one of Algeria, Nigeria, and Cameroon will miss the competition, toughest group in Africa.

This is one of the worst generation of Aussie players, they will probably have a tough time to make it to Russia directly at the group B of qualifiers in Asia with a tight competition with Japan and Saudi Arabia.(two teams qualify directly, 3rd one to playoff, winner will play with CONCACAF 4th team).

Rumors suggest Wesley Sneijder will join IMPACT, if the deal goes through, that will be THE BEST ever signing by any Canadian team in MLS, we are talking about a player who is still one of the best of his position with over 100 caps for Holland. He is making 4.5 M euro with Gala in Turkey and they are asking for 7.5 M euro transfer fee, can Impact afford that? It will be the biggest transfer in MLS history i believe if the deal finalize.

Last edited:
Gotta love soccer. Three minutes of stoppage time turned into five aka keep playing until TFC scores the winner.

The red card to Bernier in the final minutes was an atrociously bad call. The winner came a few minutes later of course.

The fact that Toronto can only seem to just get by Montreal every time they play when their payroll is 4 times that of the Impact doesn't seem to register with TSN's Luke Wileman who loses his mind whenever TFC scores. You know he blows all their players throughout the week. Have to give credit to the color guy tonight who called that red car ridiculous.

The red card to Bernier in the final minutes was an atrociously bad call. The winner came a few minutes later of course.

The fact that Toronto can only seem to just get by Montreal every time they play when their payroll is 4 times that of the Impact doesn't seem to register with TSN's Luke Wileman who loses his mind whenever TFC scores. You know he blows all their players throughout the week. Have to give credit to the color guy tonight who called that red car ridiculous.

The Red Card was ridiculous, I agree.

The fact that Toronto didn't get a penalty when Giovinco was clearly fouled in the box only two minutes before that, was just as ridiculous.

The ref was shit, but both teams got a hugely egregious call in their favour in the last few minutes.

This Giovinco guy ruined all his chances to get the possible call up again by Azzurri since he joined MLS. Now with Eder, El Shaarawy, Immobile, possibly Zaza and with the way Balotelli is playing lately, he should say his goodbye to Italy's squad for the next WC.

Germany B squad made it to the Confederation Cup semi-final. What a long term vision and plan. I won't be surprised if they win the Mini-World Cup with even a B squad.

Back