• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds CPU Tech edition

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
I have the strangest thing happening with my work computer.

I usually play YouTube or a podcast in the background while at work. For the last month or so the strangest thing is happening. The audio plays fine for awhile then I'll pause for whatever reason and then the audio cuts out when I try to resume playing.

When I check the mixer it looks like the audio is still playing but there is nothing coming out of the speakers. I need to shut the page down and reopen it in order to get my audio to play again. This happens on Chrome and IE.

I had the same problem a few months ago. It fixed itself when chrome updated. I have no idea if it's a flash problem though, since flash is built into chrome.

What was happening with mine was the video would stop but the audio kept going....then the video would speed up to a catch the audio. It was pretty annoying.

youtube has glitches like this (mainly due to things like memory leaks, especially if paused for a long time). Refreshing the page should work in most cases

It's not just Youtube... it's anything with audio... and it's only the audio that cuts out.

Back